Inflation Hedging

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2021, 12:44 AM
Gold member
Default Inflation Hedging

With this new Federal Reserve/USTreasury/BlackRock/Vanguard/State Street State-Ownership economic model, is there really any inflation hedge other than Crypto?
Old 04-27-2021, 03:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Gold?
Price is quite low at moment, and if the prophets of inflation doom are correct, it will rise.
Old 04-27-2021, 12:33 PM

Income-producing real estate.

Equities?
Old 04-27-2021, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,012 Times in 5,318 Posts

Rare earth
Old 04-29-2021, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
With this new Federal Reserve/USTreasury/BlackRock/Vanguard/State Street State-Ownership economic model, is there really any inflation hedge other than Crypto?
Yes, a mortgage. Talk about nuts. The average age in the villages is 70. You can assuming you can make the payments get a 30 year mortgage. They can't consider your age. Chance of you paying it off is exactly the same as you hitting 100. Assuming you have good credit it is roughly 2.99%. We are being told inflation goal is 2% now if you comprehend doublespeak it is 3%. A no real interest loan. If, our currency is trashed, aside the dollar lost 6% of it's value this year, you will pay it back with reduced in value,perhaps far more reduced than we are willing to consider possible.

Crypto currency IS NOT an inflation hedge. The dollar is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. For many of us that is losing it's value.

Crypto currency is backed by NOTHING. The creator, I don't recall the name, perhaps a shock to many, no one is sure who he or she is. In fact it may be a group of people.
My OPINION it is a classic Ponzi Scheme.

Old school perhaps. Land old real value. It is a fixed quantity. I've not, but I do have a friend someone who as far as I know is normal. He has bought 140 acres of undeveloped land in North Carolina. They have a stream with fish, wild game, nuts, and berries and have laid in a few thousand rounds of ammo.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Gold?
Price is quite low at moment, and if the prophets of inflation doom are correct, it will rise.
We are in a panic and it is feeding on itself. Gold is a traditional storage of value. It our recent recession 2006? Everything tanked, real estate, stocks, bonds, the dollar all tanked except gold.

Right now all commodities are rising. Which came first the chicken or the egg? Is that in reaction to the threat of inflation or the cause of inflation.

I mentioned my friend who bought 140 acres in N. Carolina with fish, game nuts berries that he could live on.

As far as inflation hedges AMMO. What was $10 a year ago is now $50 if you can find it.

As to panic? I think my wife has laid in like 100 rolls of toilet paper. We are no where near to what has been in the past. The depression of the 1930's. People starving to death. Today we say I'm starving what's for lunch

Currency? How many rolls of toilet paper will buy lunch? There is a tradition for that as well. A shot of whisky. You could trade one bullet for a whiskey. The bar keep would resell them.

Hopefully it will never get as bad as it has been in the past.

It can't happen here? In Germany they said exactly the same. I have a PILE of Reichmarks that belonged to my grandparents. Even the German government will not give you anything for them. I'm not selling mine-family heirloom. There are sooooo many of them, you can buy them cheaply on ebay. They are a nice print job on fine paper. Perhaps a good idea to frame one and put it on your wall. They too thought it will never happen here.
Closed Thread

Tags
inflation, model, hedge, economic, hedging

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.