Interested in a multi year analysis of how we got to this point in the market?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2020, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts
Default Interested in a multi year analysis of how we got to this point in the market?

The following link is a very long term analysis of how the financial markets got into this position, and what it may mean for you as a retiree. The video requires a bit more than finance common knowledge, so some may not understand every graph or point, but It will help you understand the markets.

The Coming Retirement Crisis Part II | Real Vision

I have followed him more recently, and he is very worth listening to if you want to understand the financial market big picture.

sportsguy
finance mostly 24x7 when not in the villages
I can't wait to get there!
Old 03-14-2020, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Thanks for posting. Just watched it. Lot's of interesting information, sheds some light on just how bad this market could get. And it does not even consider the Corona Virus. The Virus just triggered what was eventually inevitable. Makes me worry even more that I already have been about the long term viability of my pension. Knowing my pension was all in on risk was part of the reason I own no equity in my brokerage account, since I needed to diversify my non pension assets away from the most risky asset classes. A couple of weeks ago the risk premiums available on junk bonds were a suckers game, as they still are. The video has me thinking about lowering my trigger points to begin buying equities, as well as selling my home up north sooner rather than later.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

Good, because I just rolled some puts strikes down. I think its too late to sell the Berkshire house for anything close to what you were thinking. Our Woostah house could have paid the mortgage off, but not sure any more. . . just hoping the new baseball stadium will entice a buyer.
Closed Thread

Tags
understand, markets, financial, finance, analysis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.