Investment Advisor going Independent...your thoughts?

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,412 Times in 5,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamougel View Post
do not confuse Wells Fargo banking with Wells Fargo advisors, totally different
I cannot imagine anyone wanting to do business with Wells Fargo for anything. They have destroyed their reputation.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:57 PM
Default i PLAN ON INVESTIGATING THIS FURTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai Golfer View Post
I do my own investing but have used a newsletter for guidance for over 25 years. Fidelity Monitor and Insight (fmandi.com) is independent of Fidelity Investments. They do not sell any investments but simply offer advice about which Fidelity funds they recommend. The cost is about $125/year (if you sign up for 3 years). You get a monthly newsletter and access to their web site where they post more frequent updates. You get a 3 month trial period and after that you can cancel any time and get a prorated refund.

They have several "model" portfolios such as Income, Growth and Income, Growth, Select, and Unique Opportunities. Each recommends about 6 Fidelity Funds. They report each month on how the various portfolios have done. Again, they don't sell ANYTHING so there are no commissions. Your only cost is the newsletter subscription fee. You do not buy into their model portfolios as they are only representative of what they are recommending at the time. You set up your own account with Fidelity over which you have complete control. They have no access to, or control over your money. You do not submit anything about your portfolio to them. They simply provide you with their newsletter. You make your own decisions regarding acting on all, some or none of their recommendations and you do not report what you do or don't do. They also have a "Wealth Management" service but they don't push it. They tell you it's available and that's the end of it.

No "get rich quick" schemes just solid, well thought out (and explained) investing advice. While they do recommend changes to their models from time to time, they do not recommend jumping in and out of funds on a monthly basis. As with any investing advice, no matter where it comes from, as they say in the business, I'm sure, "past performance is no guarantee of future results," but at least you're making your own informed decisions and don't have to worry about an "advisor" who may or may not have your best interests in mind. I suggest you visit their web site, take a look and maybe give them a try if you think this might be something for you.

A quick look-Independent of Fidelity-It seems to be put out by FIDELITY.
As far as changing your portfolio using Fidelity FUNDS. If, you trade in and out of their funds they will block you from investing in the funds that you are trading in and out of.
Your mentioned newsletter might have some value if you use ETFs where you can trade in ans out as often as you wish. Management fees will be lower the commission is 4.95-insignificant. We invest to make money, So assuming you have or are making money and it is not in an IRA, you wll cut the taxman in for your top tax bracket piece of the action every time you change. Yes, you can cover profits with losses but 1-1=0. We invest, we RISK our money to make money not to break even
Closed Thread

Tags
large, years, company, investment, leaving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.