Local Banks, credit union, etc,

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2016, 07:24 AM
Default Local Banks, credit union, etc,

Are there any local banks, credit union, or some form of keeping money relatively liquid, that are paying a decent interest rate. I would rather deal with a "local" than an e-bank.
Short term (18 mos.) CD, MM, savings etc. would be very helpful.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Whatever, Not sure what you consider "decent interest rate", I doubt that you will find anything at banks above .5%. Personally I would (and do) use an investment advisor, and tell them how much to keep "liquid". My advisor has been able to beat the market just about every year over the last 10 or 11 years, and greatly limited the downside exposure. Prior to BRITEX, I was getting around 6% this year, but as of 2 weeks ago I was still UP 2+% on the year, and currently almost back to even from prior to BRITEX.
You can discuss your goals, etc. with this person, and they should be able to provide you with an investment that will suit your situation.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:22 PM

Is your advisor local, who is he/she, or they, and can I contact them??????
Old 07-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Whatever, Not sure what you consider "decent interest rate", I doubt that you will find anything at banks above .5%. Personally I would (and do) use an investment advisor, and tell them how much to keep "liquid". My advisor has been able to beat the market just about every year over the last 10 or 11 years, and greatly limited the downside exposure. Prior to BRITEX, I was getting around 6% this year, but as of 2 weeks ago I was still UP 2+% on the year, and currently almost back to even from prior to BRITEX.
You can discuss your goals, etc. with this person, and they should be able to provide you with an investment that will suit your situation.
Hope this helps.
Not likely. I believe you're beating some market index; but not necessarily out performing on a risk adjusted basis. there are rarely free lunches in the financial world, other than those you can go to every day in TV. But even those have a price; the "talk".
Old 07-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Are there any local banks, credit union, or some form of keeping money relatively liquid, that are paying a decent interest rate. I would rather deal with a "local" than an e-bank.
Short term (18 mos.) CD, MM, savings etc. would be very helpful.
Dear OP

Thank the FED. Despite the spin the only people the FED is helping work on Wall Street and they do not want their sugar fix to end. I would disband the FED today if I had the power to do so

The average investor like you and me is losing value with our savings if the FED continues down their same path will result in negative rates and we will be paying the banks fees to hold our money.

I have been toying with the notion of moving some of my investment from bonds to preferred stocks. Can't tell you its a wise move because I am not convinced yet its necessary.

I am a believer in low expenses and holding for long periods
Closed Thread

Tags
local, credit, union, banks, e-bank

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.