Madoff: The Monster of Wall Street

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2023, 04:00 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillager1988 View Post
Malcolm Gladwell's book, Talking to Strangers explains the mistakes made by those who encountered him and why he got away with it for so long. It's a great book for a lot of other reasons too.
All of his books I have read offered incredible insight from perspectives I had never considered and were very illuminating.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-10-2023, 06:41 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Those following this thread might be interested in the upcoming meeting of the investment Education Club on Thursday, January 12, 3:00, at Sea Breeze Rec.

There will be a presentation by the Chief Attorney Advisor from the SEC, Miami Regional Office.

The title of her presentation is "Protect Your Investments -- Investing for Older Americans" and will include the following topics:

• 1. Overview of the SEC
    2. Strategies for Smart Investing
    3. Tips to Avoid Fraud
    4. Planning for Later Years

(The size of the meeting room can limit attendance.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 01-10-2023 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
All of his books I have read offered incredible insight from perspectives I had never considered and were very illuminating.

Have you read "The Bomber Mafia"? I just downloaded it from a library where I have an account. "Talking to Strangers" was not available.
Closed Thread

Tags
madoff, watching, monster, wall, street

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.