Nike

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2018, 02:09 AM
Platinum member
Default Nike

Guess Nike is hanging in there for now... thoughts?

Nike sales surge 31% in days after Colin Kaepernick ad unveiled, analyst says | Business | The Guardian

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2018, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

It takes courage to stand up in the face of vitriolic opposition that are trying to change the real reason for Kaepernick's protest...and I think Nike did the right thing.

I also agree with this opinion piece.

Why Nike Did The Right Thing
Quote:

What Nike gets, however, is that sometimes standing up for principles is more important than laying down for profits.

That's what makes this country, which was already great, the shining beacon it is around the world...and a dictator's (who at a minimum try to call critics fake, at worst have them jailed/executed)...worst nightmare.

Conversely, people also have the right to protest the protest...by burning Nike products they've already purchased.

Hopefully, they're smart enough...to take them off first.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Guess Nike is hanging in there for now... thoughts?

Nike sales surge 31% in days after Colin Kaepernick ad unveiled, analyst says | Business | The Guardian

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
I read that and I think it is too early to tell. Maybe a surge of people who want to support the political issue buying products right away. It will take several months before this decision can truly be evaluated as an impact on sales in my opinion. This issue is causing people to react negatively on both sides of the aisle. Polls show that over half of Americans do not like kneeling during the anthem.

Poll reveals NFL ratings fell over national anthem protests | NFL | Sporting News
Nike reputation declines after Colin Kaepernick ad, poll says - Business Insider
nike stock prices - Bing

And then there is this one, which says that "Old angry white guys" are not the demographics of Nike buyers. (My old white guy has several pairs, hmmmm) And I do too.
Kaepernick ads spark boycott calls, but Nike is seen as winning in the end | Reuters

Us old Gantners will replace the Nikes with something else as soon as they wear out. Old habits die hard. Waste not, want not.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-09-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

18 Incredible Nike Demographic Segmentation - BrandonGaille.com

From the article above;
"
Here’s the problem that Nike faces right now. They are a top brand for older Millennials, Generation X’ers, and Baby Boomers because these are the generations that got to see athletes like Michael Jordan play in person. These names have become synonymous with the Nike brand and the nostalgia drives sales upward. Kids might think their parents are cool, but are they going to wear the same brand of shoes? Not usually. This means the targeted age demographics that are key to Nike’s growth are under-achieving because the brand is actually over-achieving outside of its targeted demographic segments."

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-09-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:32 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I read that and I think it is too early to tell. Maybe a surge of people who want to support the political issue buying products right away. It will take several months before this decision can truly be evaluated as an impact on sales in my opinion. This issue is causing people to react negatively on both sides of the aisle. Polls show that over half of Americans do not like kneeling during the anthem.

Poll reveals NFL ratings fell over national anthem protests | NFL | Sporting News
Nike reputation declines after Colin Kaepernick ad, poll says - Business Insider
nike stock prices - Bing

And then there is this one, which says that "Old angry white guys" are not the demographics of Nike buyers. (My old white guy has several pairs, hmmmm) And I do too.
Kaepernick ads spark boycott calls, but Nike is seen as winning in the end | Reuters

Us old Gantners will replace the Nikes with something else as soon as they wear out. Old habits die hard. Waste not, want not.
Well said
Old 09-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Nike. Another subject politically or racially tainted to suit a bias.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Also the 31% increase is not an impressive number or accomplishment without a reference. If there were only 10 people buying on line and three more did the day after the announcement = 31% increase.
Without the basis the 31% is meaningless.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Platinum member

is Colin Kaepernick never to be allowed to work again? I don't understand the vitriol. I think the ad is well done and inspirational, not divisive in any way.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Remember when AMZN was being slammed for its deal with the USPS, not paying enough taxes, and it's indirect affiliation with WaPo? It closed at an all time high last week. Nike share holders needn't worry too much. Earnings drive the market in the long run.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2018, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Nike. Another subject politically or racially tainted to suit a bias.
And Apple might be the next "victim" it appears.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Remember when AMZN was being slammed for its deal with the USPS, not paying enough taxes, and it's indirect affiliation with WaPo? It closed at an all time high last week. Nike share holders needn't worry too much. Earnings drive the market in the long run.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Companies never had this fear before. "Private" ones.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Sage

And Harley is holing their own.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Sage

IMHO - Daily Sun nailed it this morning with a cartoon of a man throwing his Nike's in the garbage pail with the caption, "just did it"! LOL

Nike is catering to its customer base. It's all about the money!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
IMHO - Daily Sun nailed it this morning with a cartoon of a man throwing his Nike's in the garbage pail with the caption, "just did it"! LOL

Nike is catering to its customer base. It's all about the money!
MONEY is their responsibility to all shareholders. That is the way our economy is supposed to work
Old 09-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
It takes courage to stand up in the face of vitriolic opposition that are trying to change the real reason for Kaepernick's protest...and I think Nike did the right thing.

I also agree with this opinion piece.

Why Nike Did The Right Thing

That's what makes this country, which was already great, the shining beacon it is around the world...and a dictator's (who at a minimum try to call critics fake, at worst have them jailed/executed)...worst nightmare.

Conversely, people also have the right to protest the protest...by burning Nike products they've already purchased.

Hopefully, they're smart enough...to take them off first.
Gotta buy them first..... can't we just smash a store front window and steal them? What if we promise not to touch the work boots?
Closed Thread

Tags
nike, sm-n920r4, tapatalk, guess, hanging

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.