Nike

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2018, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Gotta buy them first..... can't we just smash a store front window and steal them? What if we promise not to touch the work boots?
This sarcasm is about as valid as the one about the old angry men.

Generalization as both make are counter productive in every intelligent way
Old 09-09-2018, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,372 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
MONEY is their responsibility to all shareholders. That is the way our economy is supposed to work
Exactly. And when the leader of a country (ANY country) tries to dictate what consumers should and shouldn't buy or what manufacturers should or shouldn't do for advertising - when the only criteria is "does it criticize ME or my personal interests?" then it's incumbent upon that country's citizens (any country, any citizens) to reject the dictation for as long as they are legally allowed to do so.

Because if they continue to ignore it - or comply - they will eventually cease having that right to reject it. That right will be eliminated. Along with others.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Gotta buy them first..... can't we just smash a store front window and steal them? What if we promise not to touch the work boots?
Subtly bringing up an old racist joke...is duly noted.

Which is actually an excellent example...of why Nike is doing the right thing.

Thanks for that.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Exactly. And when the leader of a country (ANY country) tries to dictate what consumers should and shouldn't buy or what manufacturers should or shouldn't do for advertising - when the only criteria is "does it criticize ME or my personal interests?" then it's incumbent upon that country's citizens (any country, any citizens) to reject the dictation for as long as they are legally allowed to do so.

Because if they continue to ignore it - or comply - they will eventually cease having that right to reject it. That right will be eliminated. Along with others.
Well stated.

Too bad those that need to understand it the most, will either not get it...or will refuse to acknowledge it.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I read that and I think it is too early to tell. Maybe a surge of people who want to support the political issue buying products right away. It will take several months before this decision can truly be evaluated as an impact on sales in my opinion. This issue is causing people to react negatively on both sides of the aisle. Polls show that over half of Americans do not like kneeling during the anthem.

Poll reveals NFL ratings fell over national anthem protests | NFL | Sporting News
Nike reputation declines after Colin Kaepernick ad, poll says - Business Insider
nike stock prices - Bing

And then there is this one, which says that "Old angry white guys" are not the demographics of Nike buyers. (My old white guy has several pairs, hmmmm) And I do too.
Kaepernick ads spark boycott calls, but Nike is seen as winning in the end | Reuters

Us old Gantners will replace the Nikes with something else as soon as they wear out. Old habits die hard. Waste not, want not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Well said
Nike is a global business which has almost twice the market share of its leading competitor Adidas. The momentarily rile from a narrow perspective of individuals who have an ill-conceived understanding of Nike's message will not impact Nike bottom line. In fact, it will only strengthen it with the continuous news cycle and free advertisement.

This debate continues to be a sad commentary on the part of the US population whose self-centered ignorance of what occurs outside of 'their' bubble and their view that all others should cater to their views or get out. Sad. So Sad.

Nike - Statistics & Facts | Statista
Old 09-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Nike is a global business which has almost twice the market share of its leading competitor Adidas. The momentarily rile from a narrow perspective of individuals who have an ill-conceived understanding of Nike's message will not impact Nike bottom line. In fact, it will only strengthen it with the continuous news cycle and free advertisement.

This debate continues to be a sad commentary on the part of the US population whose self-centered ignorance of what occurs outside of 'their' bubble and their view that all others should cater to their views or get out. Sad. So Sad.

Nike - Statistics & Facts | Statista

Old 09-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post

I think said leader just wanted them fired.

In any corporation that I have been involved with, or my husband or children and grandchildren and we all have been involved with some big ones, these corporations expect you to fit their criteria of behavior and dress, if you disagree and don't than you are out of a job.

I believe our "leader" said Fire the S.O.B.s". And I have to say I agreed with him and I betcha so would the large majority of Villagers.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Well, if anything the Nike flap has sidelined the assault on Christmas cable crew.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
nike, sm-n920r4, tapatalk, guess, hanging

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.