Reinventing the HOG, please say it isn't so

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Reinventing the HOG, please say it isn't so

I have written here somewhere about the nice ride I took on Harley, HDI, now known as HOG. It was a birthday present for Mr. Boomer. The stock. Not the bike. Could not afford the bike. And it was only 50 shares of the stock, to match the number of candles on the cake. And we rode for a while and then jumped off to cover the cost of adding an instrument rating to his pilot's license. It was a good buy and a good sell.

But how I wish it had not been such a good time to sell HOG. That was in 2006 and it has not been the same since. It has been beat up like everything else, but for HOG things might be worse.

It seems like the image is starting to turn into something akin to "Your Father's Oldsmobile." Some say that now Harley is becoming known as "Your Grandpa's Motorcycle."

Please say it isn't so.

That whole thing out there lately about the aging Boomers is getting to be a bit much.

A Harley-D is an exquisite machine with a beautiful sound like no other. The HOG is a thing of beauty, and if you have had the privilege of owning one, I am sure that will be a joy forever.

I promise not to inundate the investment forum with articles on various stocks. But somehow when I saw this one, I wanted to drag it in here in case you wanted to read it, too, and we could feel a little sad together. Feel a little sad about the American Dream on Wheels being called a has-been.

Maybe we could wax nostalgic about all this. Maybe we could go into denial. Maybe we could toast the HOG or cry in our beer. You know our beer. That other All-American icon BUD............BUD?!! Oh yeah. I forgot. never mind (sniff, sniff, sob)

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...-the-hill.aspx

Boomer
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.