Retiring

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
C'mon down!! I've been retired since 2001 from the same railroad with 35 years service. Since I retired, I don't know when I had time to work.

(Thanks for the calendar)
Greg, did you receive the 2013 railroad calendar?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by railroadman View Post
Greg, did you receive the 2013 railroad calendar?
Yep. Thanks.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Thank you for your service
You are very welcome!!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 PM

I hate being retired, I had my own business in the North East (where there is plenty to do TBNTV) I had a great gig that I built up over the years and paid myself 100+K a year (no railroad or company pension for me). I got kidnapped and was brought down here to TV kicking and screaming, and to all of you with the thousnads of posts, I still refuse to drink the Kool Aid. Not everybody goes GaGa over Tv. And we're not abnormal either.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord13 View Post
I hate being retired, I had my own business in the North East (where there is plenty to do TBNTV) I had a great gig that I built up over the years and paid myself 100+K a year (no railroad or company pension for me). I got kidnapped and was brought down here to TV kicking and screaming, and to all of you with the thousnads of posts, I still refuse to drink the Kool Aid. Not everybody goes GaGa over Tv. And we're not abnormal either.
Who kidnapped you and brought you to TV kicking and screaming?

Bill
Old 06-22-2013, 04:44 AM
Gold member

My hubby and I are both 64 and plotting and planning our escape from the real world.
We like the villages much better!
We were hit hard by the recession and have finally rebounded. Hopefully by age 66 we can join you all.
We found the lot and house we want to build. Put down our $7500 deposit, only to find that VA mortgages don't fly there.
We are looking for plan B. Have a nice down payment in excess of 20%, but don't qualify for Conventional Mortgages due to some losses in 2007. I am just hoping we can figure this out before we lose our deposit. We really want to build on our lot and will be so dissapointed if things don't fall into place. Most of you sound as if it was easy cheesy to get there. Wish that was the case for us. But.....better late than never, I guess..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.