Revocable Living Trust and Dementia.

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2021, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMACK55 View Post
Avoid retail investors like Schwab and Fidelity with lots of fees embedded in these estates.

An attorney who only does estate planning should be both an accountant tax attorney with a speciality in trusts. They also can give a price for preparing everything including DNR and other measures.
I'm not an attorney. As far as a will, it is on my to do list. Perhaps, been there so long it is really on my shoulda done list. As I am still alive perhaps it is on my get up off your butt and get it done list.

As far as a DNR-do not recessitate form, you can get the form on line or from your doctor. Based on personal experience it is not binding. Should you be say brain dead,
your family can go around your DNR as was done by my cousin with my uncle. My uncle was like a father to me. It was not my place and I said nothing as it happened. My uncle passed a few days latter.

As, stated I am not an attorney. My views, based on my very limited experience. Many years ago, I inherited a piece of real estate, worth about 20,000 at the time so now ?????
call it 150,000. My great great uncle was the executor of the estate. The will was never properly probated. I only had rumors from my mother that the land was left to me. This great great uncle thought this land actually worth very little when it was left to me should go to someone other than me. My point when it comes to money sadly, you can trust no one. The rest of the story is even more of a mess but...............

My other experience was my parents estate. My parents had little. They did have a will and while they had little anything of value was divided by item between myself and my sister. When, my mom passed my sister and I were fighting about other things. We agreed to follow the will. When, it comes to legal and money, nothing is a simple as it should be. The WILL, something about a BLUE COVER. I had a photocopy. the attorney had closed up her practice but I found her. She claimed she sent the BLUE COVER copy to my sister who claimed she never got it. Getting a proper BLUE COVER COPY cost us hundreds of additional legal expense. The original BLUE COVER copy later turned up in my brother in laws safety deposit box. Moral when it comes to money, legal, right, wrong cover all bases. I was too lazy and too trusting to watch. Stuff my brother in law and my sister pulled had I decided to pursue it they likely would be in jail. Beware of who and what you trust.

Last edited by DAVES; 09-26-2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

Tags
trust, living, revocable, company, trusts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.