Rollover Advice Please

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Sage
Default Rollover Advice Please

I'm looking to roll over a 457 account into an IRA. I'm one of those folks whose primary income is a pension, so the 457 is fairly modest, but of course I'd still like to be careful with it. Our current financial advisor, who works with Raymond James, is not local to TV. I'd prefer to have somebody I can talk to face-to-face on short notice without having to make a long trip. And I want any arrangement to be fee-based only.

Can anybody recommend somebody local who could help us out.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Gold member

You should be able to keep your current Financial Advisor even though you ate in another state. We still have ours in MI. I would never think of changing, I've had mine for 35 years. I know he will take care of me better than someone new.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I'm looking to roll over a 457 account into an IRA. I'm one of those folks whose primary income is a pension, so the 457 is fairly modest, but of course I'd still like to be careful with it. Our current financial advisor, who works with Raymond James, is not local to TV. I'd prefer to have somebody I can talk to face-to-face on short notice without having to make a long trip. And I want any arrangement to be fee-based only.

Can anybody recommend somebody local who could help us out.
Google, fee only FA, you will get the associations site, put the zip where you are going to move to. You will find several in the area. Some will give you hourly advice and some will try to manage your money.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.