Old 09-13-2021, 09:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,856 Times in 893 Posts
Default Some investment articles, not a recommendation to buy or sell

How Does NFT Trading Fraud Happen? – nWay

Uranium | AdventuresInCapitalism | Small Companies--Big Upside

Macro Posts – WorldoutofWhack

more to come, i lost a great link so misleading title

Last edited by CoachKandSportsguy; 09-13-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Perhaps, a new trend in investment advice or perhaps again entering the thoughts.
Buffet, declared by many to be the greatest stock picker. Buffet like has become an adverb if I remember my english lecturers. Buffet has published that HE does not beat the S&P. There are some days, few of them where I beat the S&P. However it is clear
the S&P beats me.

I am wondering, working to stay informed AND NOT BATTING AVERAGE.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,856 Times in 893 Posts

Buffet in his own words said that the was lucky that the way his mind works and the time he was born provided his past success. . However, his best decision was Charlie Munger, he is the other genius at BH.

However, you or I aren't BH which buys whole companies for cash flow. I worked for several years at an investment company which bought and sold companies for cash flow with international operations in financial planning and analysis. There are lots of reasons to buy whole companies if you have the vision and skill to grow the business, as well as getting tax free income, which buffet gets.

I would not follow his business model as a personal investor, as he doesn't always follow his own advice. . . as well as he had cash to do some very creative financing during the GFC, which individuals can't do. and he really only has one investment style skill set, which is managing a holding company of large company investments
Closed Thread

Tags
misleading, link, great, lost, investment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.