The stock market is off the rails

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2021, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

I find it amusing that people will argue about anything. We toss about the national debt. I think the number is 28 Trillion. Goering said we say something over and over again and we think it makes sense. Besides me how many realize that few of us can comprehend 1 Trillion let alone 28 of them.
I try to put things together and expect, demand, them to make sense.
The fed claims the rate of inflation is below their 2% target. The CPI (consumer price index) is up 3.7% and this year the dollar has lost 7% of it's value.
Covid financial relief. They are sending checks to people who are retired. Lost income? Huh?
)
Old 01-05-2021, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
If a pandemic or race war or the economy crashing is going to happen anyway, why shouldn't people do what they think is best for them? Why shouldn't an investor take advantage of whatever situation is occurring? It's not as thought they are creating the situation.
An interesting thought. Reality is people will always do what they think is best for themselves.
Our subprime mortgage fiasco. I did not do it. However, people who bought more house than they could afford. These same people had it worked out would have posted how smart they are, how much money they made that stupid people did not. I for one, though had no choice in the matter. I had to pay for their mistakes.
The stock market. Many of us, including me, have far more exposure than we should.
Why? It is the only option.
I dare to ask. Are we investing or is it a ponzi scheme?
Closed Thread

Tags
market, stock, future, time, demand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.