Is it time to invest in energy?

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2015, 11:49 AM
Default Is it time to invest in energy?

Is it time to invest in energy?Thoughts please.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inda50 View Post
Is it time to invest in energy?Thoughts please.
Just my personal view but, if I lived here full time, I should "invest in energy" by putting solar water heating and photovoltaic panels on the roof.

While I do expect the price of crude to go back above $60 per barrel, which should pull the oil companies out of the Doldrums, the timing of this is dependent on so many factors.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

I personally think now would be a very good time. If you are looking longer term. Yes things look good for the long run supply on oil but that can change (and likely will change) in the blink of an eye with the volatility over seas. The Iran deal will free up supply for now but I just can't see that being a long term stable source. There's very little down side risk IMO.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:20 PM

Newbie here but I'll weigh in. "Energy" is a pretty broad sector but if you're thinking oil, I think it's headed lower for awhile longer. Saudi's haven't hinted at cutting production. Iran is coming on line. US production still is high. Supposedly there's a storage capacity problem. Seems it will be hard for the price to stay supported with so many forces digging away at it. Even so, some of the global 'name' oil/gas companies are paying dividends in excess of 6%. That's pretty hard to resist.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:05 PM

who knows about the future for energy prices. Right now we are in a global slowdown and commodity prices are at 15 year lows.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:43 AM

Should check the solar community just outside the villages, in lady lake on Lake Ella road, all solar my total bill for the last 10 months was just at $300, total for 10 months have 28 panels on the roof
Old 08-27-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
I personally think now would be a very good time. If you are looking longer term. Yes things look good for the long run supply on oil but that can change (and likely will change) in the blink of an eye with the volatility over seas. The Iran deal will free up supply for now but I just can't see that being a long term stable source. There's very little down side risk IMO.
Should check the solar community just outside the villages, in lady lake on Lake Ella road, all solar my total bill for the last 10 months was just at $300, total for 10 months have 28 panels on the roof
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Sage

for solar
Google will now help you get solar on your roof [read this] Google will now help you get solar on your roof - Fortune

go here to see Project Sunroof
https://www.google.com/get/sunroof#p=0

I know we are hot but it seems like it's cloudy too.

At the risk of looking foolish, is TV a great place for solar photovoltaic panels.

How quick is the payback? The google site, so far, only works in a couple of places.

Can you imagine what your house would be worth if the electricity was free?
Old 08-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper FI View Post
We looked at those homes--very nice. Did I misunderstand or did they advertise that electric bills would be zero? Maybe I misunderstood. Do you like it there? Any amenities yet?
Old 08-28-2015, 07:59 AM

With the price of oil and nat. gas so low, especially now wouldn't it be better to wait on solar and put money into energy stocks?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default In Ohio, they are building wind farms.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2013...-to-challenge/
Old 08-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inda50 View Post
With the price of oil and nat. gas so low, especially now wouldn't it be better to wait on solar and put money into energy stocks?
Warren Buffett thinks so with his recent $4.5 Billion investment in Phillips 66.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
invest, time, energy, energy?thoughts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.