The virus continues to inflict economic damages

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2020, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts
Default The virus continues to inflict economic damages

58 percent of workers at Tyson meat factory in Iowa test positive for coronavirus

note that meat packing plan workers all work very closely together.

Wendy's restaurants have a beef shortage - CNN

Fast food losing beef supply

Amerian Airlines (AAL) Earnings: $2.2 billion loss in Q1 2020 amid coronavirus

American, like other airlines is facing a sharp decline in passengers because of Covid-19 U.S. airline travel volumes have dropped by about 95% in recent weeks from a year earlier

FYI, one of the reasons I picked TV to retire to is that vegetables and beef supply is relatively near by, as compared to the NE where all the food is trucked in except in August and Sept for corn and a few items. And no more heating fuel bills versus air conditioning in the summer, much cheaper at the moment, and one can survive the summer without air conditioning, but can't survive winter without oil and electricity

The market has rebounded substantially, on optimism of reopening, and with all the passive investment funds, the market doesn't react until the news actually hits. I would consider reducing risk by reducing exposure here, if one is highly exposed to the equity market. Utilities are the best investment and the only relatively guaranteed product to be delivered forever. Dividends are being suspended:

Disney Suspends First-Half Dividend Amid Covid-19 Disruption - Barron's

Just because stocks are relatively cheap from 2 months ago, doesn't mean they can't go lower on continued infections and continued economic impacts.

sportsguy, mostly in cash, about 10 % in equities, with some short exposure.. . .
Old 05-05-2020, 08:32 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

There is no beef supply near by.............at least now quality beef.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
58 percent of workers at Tyson meat factory in Iowa test positive for coronavirus

note that meat packing plan workers all work very closely together.

Wendy's restaurants have a beef shortage - CNN

Fast food losing beef supply

Amerian Airlines (AAL) Earnings: $2.2 billion loss in Q1 2020 amid coronavirus

American, like other airlines is facing a sharp decline in passengers because of Covid-19 U.S. airline travel volumes have dropped by about 95% in recent weeks from a year earlier

FYI, one of the reasons I picked TV to retire to is that vegetables and beef supply is relatively near by, as compared to the NE where all the food is trucked in except in August and Sept for corn and a few items. And no more heating fuel bills versus air conditioning in the summer, much cheaper at the moment, and one can survive the summer without air conditioning, but can't survive winter without oil and electricity

The market has rebounded substantially, on optimism of reopening, and with all the passive investment funds, the market doesn't react until the news actually hits. I would consider reducing risk by reducing exposure here, if one is highly exposed to the equity market. Utilities are the best investment and the only relatively guaranteed product to be delivered forever. Dividends are being suspended:

Disney Suspends First-Half Dividend Amid Covid-19 Disruption - Barron's

Just because stocks are relatively cheap from 2 months ago, doesn't mean they can't go lower on continued infections and continued economic impacts.

sportsguy, mostly in cash, about 10 % in equities, with some short exposure.. . .
One could build a fire to keep warm in winter but one would have a difficult time surviving Florida summers without air conditioning and electricity.
Closed Thread

Tags
market, survive, exposure, reducing, economic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.