Financial Advise

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Default Financial Advise

Does anyone have someone they can recommend for financial advise not necessarily investment advise. Things such as whould a living trust be set up...is life insurance recommended and if so term or whole life, etc? I'd appreciate a name or two if anyone has a good one to refer...thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsaler View Post
Does anyone have someone they can recommend for financial advise not necessarily investment advise. Things such as whould a living trust be set up...is life insurance recommended and if so term or whole life, etc? I'd appreciate a name or two if anyone has a good one to refer...thanks
Call Mary Trotter at 352-205-7245. She is an elder attorney and comes highly recommended. She should be able to answer all your questions plus some.

If she can't look for an attorney who is an eleder attorney who is certified in Elder Law or has a CELA certification.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Default estate value

The only reason would be to eliminate or avoid estate taxes. If this is the case use a good estate planning attorney. If not put large assets in joint tenancy and enjoy life.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scroll View Post
The only reason would be to eliminate or avoid estate taxes. If this is the case use a good estate planning attorney. If not put large assets in joint tenancy and enjoy life.

That is not the only reason - if you have a child who is disabled, or has a condition that might develop into a disability, then that is another good reason to set up a trust.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM

That is correct but I would make this trust part of my will because a will is much easier to change than trust agreements due to you would probably need to include a fudiciary agent to administer this type of trust. Just my thoughts.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:56 PM

Oaradt Financial Group inc,352 751 3016
DRD

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.