Mandatory Classified Pictures

View Poll Results: Should TOTV make it mandatory to include a picture of an item in the classifieds?
YES 335 77.73%
NO 96 22.27%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2016, 02:49 AM
Veteran member

While I believe a photo should be included with a listing, there are a number of reasons why someone does not or cannot post one.
Many reasons have already be mentioned and I don't think it should be mandatory.

I, too, am of the opinion that the seller's phone number be included and be mandatory.
Too much time is wasted and lost waiting for a seller to respond, if in fact, they respond at all.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:14 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to elaineshere

I have been trying to upload a picture for my item for sale with no luck.It keeps giving me an error. Yes if you want to sell an item you need to show a picture.a picture is better than a thousand words ;-)
¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Old 01-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
While I believe a photo should be included with a listing, there are a number of reasons why someone does not or cannot post one.
Many reasons have already be mentioned and I don't think it should be mandatory.

I, too, am of the opinion that the seller's phone number be included and be mandatory.
Too much time is wasted and lost waiting for a seller to respond, if in fact, they respond at all.
Could not agree with you more. Even if I am the first person to respond it seems the item is sold before the seller responds. A phone number is for sure the way to go.

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Gold member

Yes
Old 01-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale1335 View Post
Would like to have information as to how to downsize a picture - tutorial video not that helpful. Would use the classifieds much more if I could post a picture but thus far have not been able to
What browser and email do you use? I use Windows, Firefox and Gmail. So what I do is save the picture to my desktop. Then I right-click it and go down to "Send to" on the pull down menu that appears. In the menu that appears next, click on Mail Recipient. A window will appear asking you what size you want the picture to be. Click on the smallest size. I think it's 640 x 480 pixels. Email that to yourself. When you get he email, save the picture to your desktop (naming it something other than the original or else deleting the original, larger sized one from the desktop).

That picture will then be the correct smaller size. When making the classified, choose this picture (browse>desktop>picture) to be added to your ad.

Someone else may have an easier or quicker fix to making an image smaller, but this is how it has always worked for me. I hope I haven't been too confusing, Dale.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Default " Photo & Picture Resizer "

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
What browser and email do you use? I use Windows, Firefox and Gmail. So what I do is save the picture to my desktop. Then I right-click it and go down to "Send to" on the pull down menu that appears. In the menu that appears next, click on Mail Recipient. A window will appear asking you what size you want the picture to be. Click on the smallest size. I think it's 640 x 480 pixels. Email that to yourself. When you get he email, save the picture to your desktop (naming it something other than the original or else deleting the original, larger sized one from the desktop).

That picture will then be the correct smaller size. When making the classified, choose this picture (browse>desktop>picture) to be added to your ad.

Someone else may have an easier or quicker fix to making an image smaller, but this is how it has always worked for me. I hope I haven't been too confusing, Dale.
Are you taking the picture with an Android phone? That's likely what many (if not most) people are taking pictures with to upload. If so, try this app from the Google Play Store. Free and quite effective. Can upload directly into the classifieds from your phone.

" Photo & Picture Resizer "

Hint: Don't make the pics too small. Try the first size smaller when using that app. (like 75%)

Please let others here know if it works well for you. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I hoped someone would have an easier way! Thanks HiHoSteveO.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:30 AM

I'd like to see pictures but I am having trouble getting them in. If there was an easier way, not all upload. Add directions maybe.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:00 AM

Yes, photos necessary.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,682 Times in 5,231 Posts

Yes
Old 01-25-2017, 01:05 PM

Yes, most definately
Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 AM

I'm sure it's more advantageous to a seller to post a picture with the ad BUT I am not a fan of making things mandatory. If the potential customer skips an ad without a picture, the seller loses a customer. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:18 PM

Yes
Old 05-17-2017, 09:55 PM

pics are good!
Old 06-07-2017, 08:36 AM

No,suppose one does not know how to post pictures

Tags
classified, classifieds, input, item, live, mandatory, order, pictures, poll, put, vote

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.