Living in Connecticut

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Veteran member
Default Living in Connecticut

August 15 - Moved to our new home in Connecticut . It's so beautiful here. The lake to the north looks so majestic. I can hardly wait to see it snow covered. I'm going to love it here!

October 14 - Connecticut is definitely the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the park and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise, I
LOVE IT HERE!!

October 25 - Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous animal. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here. Those red and orange leaves have covered my yard. Looks like a magnificent multi-colored carpet. HOW BEAUTIFUL. Raking and cleaning up the yard will be an opportunity for invigorating exercise in the cool crisp air.

November 1 - Ah, more leaves and more exercise.

November 8 - Jesus, still more leaves. Guess it's best to wait until they've all fallen before I rake again.

November 15 - Finally, all of the trees lost their leaves and with today's final raking it's over for this season. Chiropractor suggested I use a lawn maintenance service next year. Only four blisters became infected. Should probably remember to use gloves.

November 30 - What the f--k? Where did all of those leaves come from? Had a little wind last night and the lawn is covered again.
Oh well, they'll just have to wait until spring.

December 12 - It snowed last night, FINALLY. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard.
We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. Had a snowball fight (I won) and when the snowplow came by we had to shovel the end of the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I Love Connecticut !

December 14 - More snow last night, I love it. The snow plow did his trick to the driveway again. I Love it here.

December 19 - More snow again last night. Can't get out of the driveway. Can't get to work. I'm exhausted from shoveling. F--king snowplow.

December 22 - More of that white **** fell again last night. As if dealing with the leaves weren't bad enough, now I've got blisters all over my hands from shoveling, must remember to wear gloves. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm finished shoveling the driveway. The *******.

December 25 - Merry F--king Christmas. More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-bitch who drives the snowplow, I swear I'll kill the *******. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the f--king ice.

December 27 - More white **** last night. Have been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway after that plow goes through every time. F--king gloves got wet and then froze on my hands. Doctor said it was just a mild case of frost bite, disfiguration is probably only temporary. Can't go anywhere, car is stuck in a mountain of white ****. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the **** tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

December 28 - The f--king weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of that white ****. At this rate it won't melt 'till summer. The plow got stuck up the road and the ******* came to the door and asked to borrow a shovel. After I told him I'd already broken six of them shoveling all the **** he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one on his f--king head.

January 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back I hit a damned deer that ran in front of my car. Did about $3000 damage. F--king beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. The thing is rusting out from all the f--king salt they put all over the roads.

May 10 - Moved to The Villages, Florida . I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in that God forsaken state of Connecticut .
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC24 View Post
August 15 - Moved to our new home in Connecticut . It's so beautiful here. The lake to the north looks so majestic. I can hardly wait to see it snow covered. I'm going to love it here!

October 14 - Connecticut is definitely the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the park and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise, I
LOVE IT HERE!!

October 25 - Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous animal. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here. Those red and orange leaves have covered my yard. Looks like a magnificent multi-colored carpet. HOW BEAUTIFUL. Raking and cleaning up the yard will be an opportunity for invigorating exercise in the cool crisp air.

November 8 - Jesus, still more leaves. Guess it's best to wait until they've all fallen before I rake again.

November 15 - Finally, all of the trees lost their leaves and with today's final raking it's over for this season. Chiropractor suggested I use a lawn maintenance service next year. Only four blisters became infected. Should probably remember to use gloves.

November 30 - What the f--k? Where did all of those leaves come from? Had a little wind last night and the lawn is covered again.

December 12 - It snowed last night, FINALLY. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard.
We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. Had a snowball fight (I won) and when the snowplow came by we had to shovel the end of the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I Love Connecticut !

December 14 - More snow last night, I love it. The snow plow did his trick to the driveway again. I Love it here.

December 19 - More snow again last night. Can't get out of the driveway. Can't get to work. I'm exhausted from shoveling. F--king snowplow.

December 22 - More of that white **** fell again last night. As if dealing with the leaves weren't bad enough, now I've got blisters all over my hands from shoveling, must remember to wear gloves. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm finished shoveling the driveway. The *******.

December 25 - Merry F--king Christmas. More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-bitch who drives the snowplow, I swear I'll kill the *******. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the f--king ice.

December 27 - More white **** last night. Have been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway after that plow goes through every time. F--king gloves got wet and then froze on my hands. Doctor said it was just a mild case of frost bite, disfiguration is probably only temporary. Can't go anywhere, car is stuck in a mountain of white ****. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the **** tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

December 28 - The f--king weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of that white ****. At this rate it won't melt 'till summer. The plow got stuck up the road and the ******* came to the door and asked to borrow a shovel. After I told him I'd already broken six of them shoveling all the **** he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one on his f--king head.

January 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back I hit a damned deer that ran in front of my car. Did about $3000 damage. F--king beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. The thing is rusting out from all the f--king salt they put all over the roads.

May 10 - Moved to The Villages, Florida . I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in that God forsaken state of Connecticut .
AMEN. Your preaching to the choir. I can't wait to get out of CT, (taxes on everything including ther car). I paid them last week. Another $2200 for a 930sq ft of living space, (that is for half the year). I get to do it again in six months, (oh, joy).

I hope 2011 is my last year in CT. Another 4 to 12 inches of snow due today.
I am underwealmed by this wonderful winter weather. It stinks!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Gold member
Default also in CT.

After tonights 6-10 inches of snow, this January will be the snowiest month ever for CT. It's becoming a joke. I will be in the Villages Feb.1.thank God.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Default that wonderful white stuff

well we are getting so used to this now. My hubby and I were lucky enough to close on our home in November last year in Lynn Haven , but because we have to we are still here and lucky enough to have a great couple renting our cozy home there. So just shoveled again...think of TV constantly. Plan to be there for April and May. Would love to hear from other Ct / TV residents....
Lynn & Andy
Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Veteran member

I am FROM Connecticut and glad of it with the winter they are having. Come on down you Connecticut Nutmeggers!
(CT used to be the Nutmeg state)
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Gold member

Funny, but when we retired in 2008 and moved to TV from CT our friends kept saying "why do you want to move to FL cause it is so hot in the summer". Well we love the weather here and so far today have had two calls from friends in CT saying how jealous they are of us.

Have to make a note to send them a picture from the golf course later today.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Gold member

just got done snowblowing another foot of snow this morning in Rocky Hill,CT and there is no end in sight.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage

The plan was to be in TV before this winter. Obliviously, I didn't make it and I'm not happy to have to deal with the white stuff again and again and again.

Snowiest month in the history of CT. We got another 12" or more last night and there is a precdiction of four inches on Saturday.

As Diana Simms said to her husband Phil on the day of the Super Bowl when he said he didn't feel good, "suck it up".

Just another inconvenience until I move to paradise.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC24 View Post

LOVE IT HERE!!

MMC24, Wow, great minds working together. The same thing happened to me in NJ!!!!!!
Skip 2
Old 01-27-2011, 01:21 PM

In addition to The Constitution State and the Nutmeg State, Connecticut is also known as The Land of Steady Habits. What is all too bleeping steady is the snowfall we are getting. So far in Danbury, we've had more than 54 inches of snow in January alone. When the Dec. 26 snowfall of 22 inches is added, we've had 76 inches this winter which is about 150% of an average winter's accumulation. Winter has more than 7 weeks on the calendar and spring snow is not unheard off. Unless the weather pattern changes, we will wind up with the snowiest winter on record, more than the 120 inches that fell in 1995-96.

The good news is that we're headed to our home in Buttonwood on February 19 and will be there for 5 weeks.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.