Chuckle for the day

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Platinum member
Default Chuckle for the day

I don't use FaceBook, but darling hubby does. Right now he's sitting here laughing his butt off. Why, you might ask?

He found a page called, "Hate the Villages FL". He's reading me the posts... they are a hoot. Here's one.... "A bunch of wrinkle monsters fighting over a scrap of ham on a toothpick at Sam's Club."

Don't you just love it????
Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Default I resemble that remark!

Besides, I've had plenty a good lunch at Sams Club while shopping!

I just hit every sample table a time or three and I'am FULL!

Fresh, hot and cooked to order...cant beat that!

Not to mention it's FREE...and TASTY TOO !
Old 06-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

A bunch of wrinkle monsters????Call out the posse!!! P, Pooh, Brillo, Red,............... who else has joined lately..? or wants to join now and beat the crap outa somebody???

I like how the roll call starts out...... tee hee.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Default Kind of Funny

Don't those fools know that people can see their names. Unless they are cleaver enough to use a fake one - their places of employment could be reading their comments. I know our company was just purchased by another firm, and one of the documents explained how you could be terminated by your behavior online, especially if it made the company look bad.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Talking Thats a Hoot!

Hey you know the old saying.....Opinions are like.....everyone's got one...haha
Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
A bunch of wrinkle monsters????Call out the posse!!! P, Pooh, Brillo, Red,............... who else has joined lately..? or wants to join now and beat the crap outa somebody???

OK, I'm in-- if I can stop laughing long enough.

Wrinkle Monsters?! Fighting over a scrap of ham on a toothpick! I don't care who you are, that's just funny right there.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Gracie Girl, You can add me to the posse. But what I really wonder is how you have time to be on TOTV, have an upcoming wedding, and get ready to move. You are indeed a wonder woman!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
OK, I'm in-- if I can stop laughing long enough.

Wrinkle Monsters?! Fighting over a scrap of ham on a toothpick! I don't care who you are, that's just funny right there.
Don't know about the wrinkle monster part but I've seen some pretty aggressive moves when people are trying to get that choice sample. I have to chuckle. I don't think these people are broke or hungry but they really forget their manners when the last couple of morsels of pizza are out there. Funny stuff.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I don't use FaceBook, but darling hubby does. Right now he's sitting here laughing his butt off. Why, you might ask?

He found a page called, "Hate the Villages FL". He's reading me the posts... they are a hoot. Here's one.... "A bunch of wrinkle monsters fighting over a scrap of ham on a toothpick at Sam's Club."

Don't you just love it????
This seems to be a brand new addition to Facebook with 14 total comments and 45 people who "like" it.

If you weren't a senior member I would almost think you were trolling for visitors to this silly page with it's posters who mostly seem crass and not funny or intelligent.

I didn't see the post you commented on. I don't get it.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Count me in Graciegirl.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
This seems to be a brand new addition to Facebook with 14 total comments and 45 people who "like" it.

If you weren't a senior member I would almost think you were trolling for visitors to this silly page with it's posters who mostly seem crass and not funny or intelligent.

I didn't see the post you commented on. I don't get it.
Hi Richie.... no ulterior motive here... honest! As I said, i don't use facebook. Since I'm over 60 and have just let my hair go grey, I suppose I'd qualify to be a 'wrinkle monster" (someone should trademark that phrase!)
but I'm too classy to troll for ANYTHING.
I agree, the page is probably not meant to be comical... (but it is anyway!) and those who leave their comments probably aren't rocket scientists.
Hubby George says the post about the 'wrinkle monsters' is the third one down on the page... he says he wishes he COULD make that stuff up.... he'd have a new career!
Just being silly.... sorry if it ruffled feathers!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Sage

I saw the "wrinkle monster" post on the FB page.

From the comments on the page, the posters appeared to be young, employed in the TV area and/or living near but outside of the Bubble... perhaps native central Floridians who resent the influx.

I've met locals who think TV is a blessing to the area and locals who resent what they perceive as an intrusion.

I think we should be kind and thoughtful and polite to local residence and employees whether they return the favor or not. We can hardly expect goodwill if we don't extend it.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I saw the "wrinkle monster" post on the FB page.

From the comments on the page, the posters appeared to be young, employed in the TV area and/or living near but outside of the Bubble... perhaps native central Floridians who resent the influx.

I've met locals who think TV is a blessing to the area and locals who resent what they perceive as an intrusion.

I think we should be kind and thoughtful and polite to local residence and employees whether they return the favor or not. We can hardly expect goodwill if we don't extend it.

:BigApplaus e:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.