COVID19 Rules

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2020, 05:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts
Default COVID19 Rules

In case you don’t know the COVID RULES:.....

The Rules:
1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster and kills people.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, 17 dogs in China, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with " I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

26. If you’re an essential employee and get sick it has nothing to do with your essential job. Unless you work in healthcare and then you’re covered by workers compensation.

27. The tests are not accurate anyway and have many false negatives so go by symptoms just to be safe. But if you don’t have a verified positive Covid test, you don’t really have it. Go back to work, its safe.

28. The WHO is the leading agency on covid facts. Except that time they said there is no risk of human to human transmission. And a few other facts about transmission to animals or no risk of traveling. But China said it was so, so it must have been true...
Old 04-15-2020, 05:36 PM

“It ain't over 'til it's over."
Yogi B.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
In case you don’t know the COVID RULES:.....

The Rules:
1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.

2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.

3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.

4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.

5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster and kills people.

6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.

7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.

8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.

9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.

10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, 17 dogs in China, plus a few tigers here and there…

11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..

12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…

13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).

14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.

15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.

16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?

17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with " I don't want to trigger panic, but…"

18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.

19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.

20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.

22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.

23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of…

24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).

25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

26. If you’re an essential employee and get sick it has nothing to do with your essential job. Unless you work in healthcare and then you’re covered by workers compensation.

27. The tests are not accurate anyway and have many false negatives so go by symptoms just to be safe. But if you don’t have a verified positive Covid test, you don’t really have it. Go back to work, its safe.

28. The WHO is the leading agency on covid facts. Except that time they said there is no risk of human to human transmission. And a few other facts about transmission to animals or no risk of traveling. But China said it was so, so it must have been true...
That's it in a very large nutshell
Steve
Old 04-15-2020, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

Covid-19

The mobile phone guys say 5G technology has nothing to do with it. But we know they tell lies.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:59 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

OP, your list is almost as frustrating and confusing as my golf game was on Monday.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
OP, your list is almost as frustrating and confusing as my golf game was on Monday.
Yes, but is it wrong?
:-)
Old 04-15-2020, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Yes, but is it wrong?
:-)
Your list is the list of someone who wants to pretend that he doesn't understand the rules. Or someone who is sincerely SO ignorant that he actually doesn't understand the rules.

The rules are simple:

Accept that this IS a pandemic, it IS deadly, it IS contagious.
Accept that gloves and masks and social distancing CAN reduce your RISK of contracting it.
Accept that precautions are not 100% guaranteed to eliminate risk, but merely to reduce it.

The end.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

OP, you have me in tears, laughing. This is the FUN thread.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Your list is the list of someone who wants to pretend that he doesn't understand the rules. Or someone who is sincerely SO ignorant that he actually doesn't understand the rules.

The rules are simple:

Accept that gloves and masks and social distancing CAN reduce your RISK of contracting it.
Accept that precautions are not 100% guaranteed to eliminate risk, but merely to reduce it.

The end.
Me thinks someone need to relax a bit
Steve
Old 04-15-2020, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Steve
Exactly!
Old 04-15-2020, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Steve
If I didn't know that some members of this forum sincerely had that attitude about COVID-19, I'd relax. Sadly, there are people here who will say, or think, "see, THIS is why I think all this is nonsense and we need to mingle again and hang out with each other and hug and shake hands and crowd the squares. Because this OP's post is spot-on - the whole thing makes no sense, therefore we should just ignore it all!"

There are people who still think that. I run into them every day that I work.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
If I didn't know that some members of this forum sincerely had that attitude about COVID-19, I'd relax. Sadly, there are people here who will say, or think, "see, THIS is why I think all this is nonsense and we need to mingle again and hang out with each other and hug and shake hands and crowd the squares. Because this OP's post is spot-on - the whole thing makes no sense, therefore we should just ignore it all!"

There are people who still think that. I run into them every day that I work.
Again....relax...take some deep breaths as long as you can, and take the OP's post tongue in cheek, try to laugh, or smile at least. It's not the end of the world.
Steve
Old 04-15-2020, 09:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Just to reassure anyone who needs reassuring, this was posted because I thought it was funny, not because I thought it was supposed to be real “rules”. I am sheltering in place, I made two masks for myself, and I take this pandemic very seriously.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Just to reassure anyone who needs reassuring, this was posted because I thought it was funny, not because I thought it was supposed to be real “rules”. I am sheltering in place, I made two masks for myself, and I take this pandemic very seriously.
Some people got it..........others...not so much
Steve
Old 04-16-2020, 02:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:

The rules are simple:

The end.
The Forum is here for you to express your thoughts. You are doing a fine job with that no doubt.

However there was a Forum Rule that you will not find in writing but we decided collectively about 4 years ago to never use the words's THE END. Not in a Beautiful Retirement Community and Never During A Pandemic.

The word Ignorant is so abrasive. Do you do realize you are typing these words to another member or our community. Stay safe & healthy!

This Thread is under the Heading JUST 4/FUN!
Closed Thread

Tags
sick, virus, symptoms, safe, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.