COVID19 Rules

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2020, 07:39 AM

Thanks for the recap of a month of television viewing, we could have all been binging Netflix instead!
Old 04-16-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Your list is the list of someone who wants to pretend that he doesn't understand the rules. Or someone who is sincerely SO ignorant that he actually doesn't understand the rules.

The rules are simple:

Accept that this IS a pandemic, it IS deadly, it IS contagious.
Accept that gloves and masks and social distancing CAN reduce your RISK of contracting it.
Accept that precautions are not 100% guaranteed to eliminate risk, but merely to reduce it.

The end.
You may not be a victim of the pandemic, but you certainly are a victim of the "panic demic". I love it, "Laughter is the best medicine".
Old 04-16-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipd331 View Post
It's a JOKE! Humor, making light of something, get it?
I found it funny, because it was a series of contradictions.
Bjeanj has said she is taking the pandemic very seriously, as we all should.
Please don't attack her - she just wanted to give us a laugh.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

The OP has waaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands.

He/she needs to get out the house, take a cart ride, walk the sidewalks aimlessly like many others are doing, etc., etc., etc.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:40 AM

I always like reading your tag line about the restrauning order being just a piece of paper. Kind if like Lady Lake police, just people driving around enjoying the view!
Old 04-16-2020, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Again....relax...take some deep breaths as long as you can, and take the OP's post tongue in cheek, try to laugh, or smile at least. It's not the end of the world.
Steve
And might I add you can’t control others anyway, only yourself. As we all know, laughter is great medicine
Old 04-16-2020, 09:00 AM

Started my day off with a smile. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:00 AM

Love the original poster’s thread! That is hilarious! And, though I am taking this pandemic VERY SERIOUSLY, it really is like that. To add to all that he wrote:

- the virus is transmitted by droplets, and you are safe after 6’, except for when it is air particles. In which case, you may have to be at least 13’ feet away, if not more.

- the virus stays in plastic, cardboard, etc. between a few hours and 3 days. Unless, of course, it is in the cruise ships, it appears, where they found the virus still within the handrails 17 days later.

Clean your hands, clean your hands, clean your hands, except that - wait! The particles fall on the floor and get on the sole of your shoes. So, really, your shoes should be left outside unless you want to make sure you sterilize those too.

Make sure your counter tops, switches, door knobs, tables, etc. are all frequently cleaned and sanitized. Wait! Why are we doing this if we are sheltering in, nobody going out and nobody coming in? How is the virus getting into the house if it is only being transmitted from somebody else’s breath?

Soap and water works great. Sanitize with wipes if you can’t use soap and water. Though the sanitizing wipes are not recommended any more. They’re telling you use soap and water. Is that because the sanitizing wipes didn’t work, people were using it wrong, or they want the sanitizing wipes to be available for the essential people, and not so much for the people at home?

Really, if we can’t laugh about the craziness of all this, while trying to keep ourselves safe and sane.. . Well, I don’t know what else you can do.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:11 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Just to reassure anyone who needs reassuring, this was posted because I thought it was funny, not because I thought it was supposed to be real “rules”. I am sheltering in place, I made two masks for myself, and I take this pandemic very seriously.
I believe most folks took your post the way it was intended. To give us a grin at a time when we don't have much to grin about.
Thanks!
Old 04-16-2020, 09:25 AM

Every time I see the WHO trending I think either Pete Townshend or Roger Daltrey died.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:28 AM

I want to personally thank the writer for making me laugh and for helping me to understand so much more! I wondered why I felt so confused. Kind of like a relationship where you get mixed messages times ten, lol!~
Old 04-16-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
“It ain't over 'til it's over."
Yogi B.
Well, that's it in a nutshell. You nailed it in a succinct, easy to understand novel. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2020, 10:13 AM

Your post was very tongue-in-cheek(y) pandastic!!! Thank you!

Kind of feel a little sorry for those who don’t appreciate a few sarcastically-funny words which, in some cases, do accurately reflect what is really happening and the differing beliefs, reactions, and behaviors amongst people. Some people have gone from disbelief (and/or lack of understanding ) to fear... back to confusion...then back to fear as a result of the initial lack of seriousness and constant flip-flopping of information that we received on a daily basis.

If we-the-people received more information in January (or whenever the still controversial beginning was), we might now be in a better place. If our leader (no matter who it would have been at a time like this) had taken charge of this as dynamically as he has with issues pertaining to our country’s economy, it just may have provided those rule-breakers and skeptics with more information and a better understanding of the (possible) severity of the situation.

A dynamic, well-respected and well-spoken leader, regardless of political affiliation, may have found a way to convey this in a manner that wasn’t *wishy-washy.” Maybe then those square-goers, crowd-makers, disbelievers, and rule-breakers would have taken this more seriously than they have. Would that have resulted in a panic, especially affecting the economic stability of our country? Maybe. Or it could have saved millions of lives by aggressively taking charge and at least being PREPARED for the worst.

Looking back, even live audiences stuffed into TV talk show locations were hearing comments about “this virus,” unknowingly contributing to its spread by just being there.

Early discussions about the possible severity of the situation and effect this could have on our people, our country, and globally, were hush-hushed. It didn’t end in a few weeks, go away with warmer temperatures, and/or provide the opportunity for families together in places of worship or our homes by Easter (BTW without even a mention of the word “Passover”). It wasn’t the flu. Wash your hands and keep them away from your face.

Disclosure: These comments reflect the opinion and feelings of the writer, not factually based on actual data, and can’t be debated. If you feel differently, state your OPINION intelligently without people bashing, please.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:21 AM

Please, let your sense of humor take first place. I really don't think this was supposed to be a serious commentary - although there is much truth in it.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:40 AM

The truth would be the best, not what someone decides to print. Masks keep doctors and nurses alive so I guess the don't work, right!!
Closed Thread

Tags
sick, virus, symptoms, safe, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.