Dice, Rosary Beads and Masks

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2020, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts
Default Dice, Rosary Beads and Masks

Over the years (since the 50's) I have seen cars inside rear view mirrors adorned with all kinds of stuff hanging....big dice and rosary beads are two. While driving around TV I have now seen an increasing amount of masks hanging from mirrors in both cars and golf carts. So, what did you hang from your mirror and what do you hang now?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-20-2020, 01:24 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,760 Posts

I hung a supposedly real shrunken head back in the day. Our neighbor was a college professor who went to Bolivia for a year's sabbatical. When he returned he gave it to me. Could have been a monkey's head sold to a tourist. I don't know. it was a real primate head though, not plastic.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-20-2020, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I remember seeing those huge white with red dot dice too...never hung them, nor the kid's baby shoes from the mirror, but I did hang the tassel from my high school graduation on it and then routinely hung my sun glasses there when I didn't need to wear them
Old 08-20-2020, 03:00 PM

Back in my “younger” days I hung a pair of handcuffs Dad wasn’t too happy about them, graduation tassel. Dice, now I have a small pair of boxing gloves.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

I never hung anything from the mirror but.........I did have a very colorful striped stuffed snake (not a real snake) that I kept on the shelf behind the rear seat of my Plymouth Valiant. That snake added a lot of character to my car. When the snake would get too bleached out from the sun, I would go to a toy store and replace it with another stuffed snake.
Old 08-21-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Over the years (since the 50's) I have seen cars inside rear view mirrors adorned with all kinds of stuff hanging....big dice and rosary beads are two. While driving around TV I have now seen an increasing amount of masks hanging from mirrors in both cars and golf carts. So, what did you hang from your mirror and what do you hang now?
A picture of my " EX " just to remind me never again to get serious it's working !
Closed Thread

Tags
dice, cars, hang, rosary, mirrors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.