Feel good video

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Gold member
Default Feel good video

This is a inspiring video. Watch and be amazed.
http://pogpog.com/v/8-month-old-deaf...ing-activated/
Old 07-17-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
This is a inspiring video. Watch and be amazed.
http://pogpog.com/v/8-month-old-deaf...ing-activated/
I observed this video. My parents and siblings were not aware that I was deaf until I was 2 years old. I asked them how did I react to their voices and gestures. They said I never cried until they found I was congentially deaf (born as a baby with no hearing ability). I have a mixed feeling whether to have a baby surgically implanted with cochlear device. I have a cochlear implant for almost six years - did not regret that I got it at my late age - I had not worn a hearing aid for 42 years because I did not like the sounds. With CI, I enjoy listening and am happy that I can sleep without CI! If I ever have a baby with hearing loss, I will wait till one is a few years old.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage

This made me say awwwww Thanks, it made me smile!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Sage

Amazing how science has advanced.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Veteran member

I am hearing impaired and an operation to try to improve my hearing failed just recently leaving me completely deaf in one ear and very hard of hearing in the other ear. Watching that baby smile at the sound of his mother's voice was lovely!! So thanks to all my friends and family who don't get too annoyed at having to shout at me to include me in your conversations.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Gold member
Default '70s rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDeaf View Post
I observed this video. My parents and siblings were not aware that I was deaf until I was 2 years old. I asked them how did I react to their voices and gestures. They said I never cried until they found I was congentially deaf (born as a baby with no hearing ability). I have a mixed feeling whether to have a baby surgically implanted with cochlear device. I have a cochlear implant for almost six years - did not regret that I got it at my late age - I had not worn a hearing aid for 42 years because I did not like the sounds. With CI, I enjoy listening and am happy that I can sleep without CI! If I ever have a baby with hearing loss, I will wait till one is a few years old.
Thanks for the imput
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.