Granddaughter Fun Activities

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Veteran member
Default Granddaughter Fun Activities

Our 9 year old granddaughter is scheduled to visit in mid-February and was looking for any recommended off-site day trips. We will be going to Disney but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

She likes horseback riding and aquatic activities.

Looking for serious input.......thanks in advance.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts

What are some fun, interesting day trips you can make from the Villages?

Day trips near TV

Day Trips from TV??

Day Trip/Nasa Discount
Old 02-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Veteran member

Thank you.....very helpful.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Sage

In a different thread there is a discussion about the butterfly museum. I went there. When my little girl was little I know she would have enjoyed it.

Here's a thought, buy her a little digital camera. It doesn't need to be a fancy one and encourage her to take pictures wherever you go. You might even pretend you need them for someone who can't be there. I can figure out a way to record her comments if you want.

Take her to Gatorland. It's not fancy and polished like Disney. I went there with the Bird Club and there were so many birds to see and photograph besides the gators.

Do you bike? See if you can rent a bike for 2. Try calling Wildwood Bicycles. That's a great shop.

Take her to the croquet court in the villages. All the stuff is there and the guy that runs it is very nice. He will give you a lesson too.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
In a different thread there is a discussion about the butterfly museum. I went there. When my little girl was little I know she would have enjoyed it.

Here's a thought, buy her a little digital camera. It doesn't need to be a fancy one and encourage her to take pictures wherever you go. You might even pretend you need them for someone who can't be there. I can figure out a way to record her comments if you want.

Take her to Gatorland. It's not fancy and polished like Disney. I went there with the Bird Club and there were so many birds to see and photograph besides the gators.

Do you bike? See if you can rent a bike for 2. Try calling Wildwood Bicycles. That's a great shop.

Take her to the croquet court in the villages. All the stuff is there and the guy that runs it is very nice. He will give you a lesson too.
Where is the croquet court?
Old 02-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Sage

Villages Croquet Club, The
The Villages, FL
(352) 751-5946
Two courts 62' x 105'. Non member access restricted. Contact: James Coudneys - (989) 858-1978

3 1/2 days a week it's a lawn bowling court and 3 1/2 days it's a croquet court. I think the lawn bowling balls might be heavy. You might want to go there yourself first.

It's behind a neighborhood pool. It's very beautiful.

There's an airgun shooting range there too. You can borrow guns from the rec center. I don't know if there is an age limit. That could be exciting.

There is archery too not far away.

It's in Spanish Springs close to the Square. I can't remember the name of the street you turn on to from Buena Vista. Someone will chime in.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post

Great suggestions......especially like the digital camera suggestion. Thank you for your input.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.