Here's the Roundabout Solution

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2021, 05:44 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That is NOT the typical RB. I will modify to 99% acceptable.
I concur...
Old 09-29-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
My solution is a more serious one:
Go to 1 Lane inside instead of two were most mishaps happen.
Makes to much sense I guess
Maybe if people learn to read sings posted before EVERY intersection, there wouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Or the second exit from the left lane...
Second exit from the left lane is legal.

Look at the BIG green signs that are up before all the roundabouts. Right lane for going right, 1st exit and straight, 2nd exit. Left lane go straight, 2nd exit or left, 3rd exit. Easy peasy if you have half a brain.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Or the second exit from the left lane...
Second exit from the left,(inside) lane. Correct. That's what it's there for.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:32 AM

At all roundabouts where the next exit consists of only one lane, all vehicles must merge into the outside lane. This eliminates a vehicle in the the inside lane from cutting off a vehicle in the outside lane.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:08 AM

[QUOTE=Chi-Town;2010057]Can't wait. Now all I do is close my eyes and floor it.[/QUOT It's people like you that scare me.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

Oh Great ! Now I have to wear glasses when I drive....
Old 09-29-2021, 07:33 AM
Default Roundabouts Simplified

When entering a roundabout, right lane goes right or straight. Left lane goes straight, left and u-turn, all while staying in lane. Everyone yields to the vehicles in the roundabout. Never enter until the cars are passed you. Never change lanes, always use your right hand turn signal when exiting and keep your speed at 20mph or below. Very simple!
Old 09-29-2021, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

If the villages developers really wanted to fix the roundabouts they would have watched the 1950s Italian movie to realize that roundabout should be at least three to four hundred percent larger in diameter. There simply is not enough time for a driver to go from one lane to another and back again to get out of the circle. I come from New Jersey where they were planning around about I have never seen one so small unless it was in a private home
Old 09-29-2021, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

Personally I will not go to the inside Lane because I have to get off on the 3rd exit. I simply watch the traffic to make sure no one is coming at least 1/4 the diameter behind me or in front of me and stay in the outside Lane which is the safest thing to do. You don't like it don't drive so fast
Old 09-29-2021, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Personally I will not go to the inside Lane because I have to get off on the 3rd exit. I simply watch the traffic to make sure no one is coming at least 1/4 the diameter behind me or in front of me and stay in the outside Lane which is the safest thing to do. You don't like it don't drive so fast
TERRIBLE advice!! This is essentially saying that to make a left hand turn you should stop in the right lane until you see the left lane is empty and then cut across to make the turn. Unnecessary and extremely dangerous.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-29-2021, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
If the villages developers really wanted to fix the roundabouts they would have watched the 1950s Italian movie to realize that roundabout should be at least three to four hundred percent larger in diameter. There simply is not enough time for a driver to go from one lane to another and back again to get out of the circle. I come from New Jersey where they were planning around about I have never seen one so small unless it was in a private home
Quote:
.....and you Sir/Madam, are the problem, and definitely not the solution!
Old 09-29-2021, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
There should never be a need to switch lanes in a roundabout in the Villages. Know where you want to exit, enter the roundabout in the correct lane (look at the signs if you are unsure), then drive to your exit. Simple, easy, safe, and accomplished by thousands every day.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-29-2021, 08:07 AM

Hilarious.

The real only solution is for people to realize before entering a roundabout you should be in the appropriate lane.

Yes these are round things in the middle of the road. However they are laid out improperly.

Growing up on long island, Has anyone been on Ocean parkway with the four lane roundabouts?

That will teach you quickly how to get thru.

Look at the Morse gate Roundabout.
Horror show.
Two lanes, one lane entering . I see an accident every week.
Where the gate house is, move it down Morse blvd far enough to allow people to decide which lane off the roundabout to go to the gate.
Currently, the distance from the roundabout to the gate is only 50 feet?
A daily cluster F*&#

Also if the gate is moved, then bypass or shunt lanes can be added.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Which is EXACTLY the idiotic driving I referred to in post #11. If you can't navigate the RB correctly, just STAY OFF THOSE ROADS. Or at least, since you are a massive safety hazard, stay far away from me. I also sincerely hope the sheriff's deputy witnesses that behavior-----then you can explain your personal preference for intentionally violating the traffic laws to the judge.
Closed Thread

Tags
coolsmileyclap2icon_wink, roundabout, solution

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.