(just for fun) A little self-awareness goes a long way ...

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Default (just for fun) A little self-awareness goes a long way ...

If there are 2 types of people in retirement:

1) Those who feel like "my days may be numbered ... I have got to do all I can immediately ... no time to delay." Type A.

2) Those who feel like "go ahead of me, I'm retired and have all the time in the world ... I've got no where to go and all day to get there." Type B.

Which one are you? Are you different in retirement from how you were in work life? How about your spouse / partner / significant other?
Old 07-10-2020, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillager1988 View Post

1) Those who feel like "my days may be numbered ... I have got to do all I can immediately ... no time to delay." Type A.

2) Those who feel like "go ahead of me, I'm retired and have all the time in the world ... I've got no where to go and all day to get there." Type B.

Which one are you? Are you different in retirement from how you were in work life? How about your spouse / partner / significant other?
I believe that we all "are" who we were as kids and who we were as young adults and who we were in middle age. No matter what, some people are measured and patient and some are generally good humored and positive and some tend to see the glass half full, and some have a very short fuse. Some take responsibility for their choices and some are always blaming others for the bumps in the road. Time marches on, but most of us are kinda the way we always were. You asked for opinions. There is mine.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Some of each
Old 07-10-2020, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I believe that we all "are" who we were as kids and who we were as young adults and who we were in middle age. No matter what, some people are measured and patient and some are generally good humored and positive and some tend to see the glass half full, and some have a very short fuse. Some take responsibility for their choices and some are always blaming others for the bumps in the road. Time marches on, but most of us are kinda the way we always were. You asked for opinions. There is mine.
I agree. I read somewhere that most of someone's personality is permanently set before age 5. I don't know how accurate that is, but, if it is true, I find it very discouraging that it is almost impossible to change your personality.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:33 PM
Sage

I'm definitely a Type 'B'. Now get out of my way...I've got places to go and things to do!
Old 07-11-2020, 06:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:

the OP's speculation that there may only be too types of people in retirement is humorous...this question certainly needs more 'boxes' to choose from....

IMHO, this chapter in life is complex, the variables that exist are almost infinite

so, I'm unable to respond to this simple 'this or that' question...

besides the last thing that I'm looking to do is put myself in a box
Old 07-11-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:

No not two types, each one of us is a composite, capable of many things given the right circumstances. Those who are integrated understand this...especially when a finger is pointed outwards....then hopefully withdraw it, reflect and apologize.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, type, feel, retirement, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.