Lawyers

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2021, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts
Default Lawyers

An attorney was working late one night in his office when, suddenly, Satan appeared before him. The Devil made him an offer. “I will make it so you win every case that you try for the rest of your life. Your clients will worship you, your colleagues will be in awe, and you will make enormous amounts of money. But, in return, you must give me your soul, your wife’s soul, the souls of your children, your parents, grandparents, and those of all the your friends.”

The lawyer thought about it for a moment, then asked, “But what’s the catch?”
Old 05-22-2021, 09:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts
Default Nun

A nun was in her office with her window open to a contraction project across the street. The contraction workers were swearing up a storm, and she was wondering if they knew "Jesus".
So when lunch break came, she took her lunch bag, walk across the street, climb up on pile of 2x4's, and ask the workers, "Do any of you know "Jesus"?

One worker said no, then howled up on the upper level, "Hey Pete, do you know "Jesus"?
Pete howlers down "No why?"
The worker said, "I think he's mother is here with his lunch."
Old 05-22-2021, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
An attorney was working late one night in his office when, suddenly, Satan appeared before him. The Devil made him an offer. “I will make it so you win every case that you try for the rest of your life. Your clients will worship you, your colleagues will be in awe, and you will make enormous amounts of money. But, in return, you must give me your soul, your wife’s soul, the souls of your children, your parents, grandparents, and those of all the your friends.”

The lawyer thought about it for a moment, then asked, “But what’s the catch?”
What does the Attorney have to lose, they got no soul?
Old 05-22-2021, 12:01 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

What's black and brown and looks good on a lawyer?

A doberman!

Old 05-22-2021, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Some of the best and some of the worst people I have met over my life have been lawyers.

Most lawyers like lawyer jokes though.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

World's best (and worst) lawyer jokes - Lawyers Weekly

Some of these are very funny.

Quote:
A woman and her little girl were visiting the grave of the little girl's grandmother. On their way through the cemetery back to the car, the little girl asked, "Mummy, do they ever bury two people in the same grave?"

"Of course not, dear," replied the mother, "Why would you think that?"

"The tombstone back there said... 'Here lies a lawyer and an honest man.'"
Old 05-22-2021, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
What's black and brown and looks good on a lawyer?

A doberman!
What’s the difference between a Lawyer and a catfish? One is a bottom dwelling scum sucker, the other is a fish.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:53 AM

Why are the police lockers locked? You have to love this police officer, who politely schools the lawyer during court!
He was being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial. The lawyer was trying to undermine the police officer’s credibility …

Q: ‘€˜Officer — did you see my client fleeing the scene?”

A: ‘€˜No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several blocks away.”

Q: ‘€˜Officer, who provided this description?”

A: ‘€˜The officer who responded to the scene.”

Q: ‘€˜A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?”

A: ‘€˜Yes, sir. With my life.”

Q: ‘€˜With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?”

A: ‘€˜Yes sir, we do!”

Q: ‘€˜And do you have a locker in the room?”

A: ‘€˜Yes, sir, I do.”

Q: ‘€˜And do you have a lock on your locker?”

A: ‘€˜Yes, sir.”

Q: ‘€˜Now, why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?”

A: ‘€˜You see, sir, we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room.”

The courtroom EXPLODED with laughter, and a prompt recess was called.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
A nun was in her office with her window open to a contraction project across the street. The contraction workers were swearing up a storm, and she was wondering if they knew "Jesus".
So when lunch break came, she took her lunch bag, walk across the street, climb up on pile of 2x4's, and ask the workers, "Do any of you know "Jesus"?

One worker said no, then howled up on the upper level, "Hey Pete, do you know "Jesus"?
Pete howlers down "No why?"
The worker said, "I think he's mother is here with his lunch."
I get the joke, but is a "contraction" project an undertaking to use more apostrophes as in can't, don't, won't etc. Or was it a "construction" project???
Old 05-23-2021, 06:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I get the joke, but is a "contraction" project an undertaking to use more apostrophes as in can't, don't, won't etc. Or was it a "construction" project???
I almost googled "contraction" to find out if it was a new term for construction!
Old 05-23-2021, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Lawyer having a casual discussion with a Cop just before a trial and cross-exam.

Lawyer: When you testify later, I could just accept your testimony as the truth.

Cop: Well, I do intend to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Lawyer: Or, I could bring out my inner powerful self and cross exam you until you can't think straight, you'll say whatever I want you to say. My ego will expand even more and I'll go home and be a stallion with my wife tonight. Think you can top that?

Cop: I don't know, sir. Give me your wife's name and address and I'll try my best.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:57 AM

How can you tell that the dead body in the street was a lawyer?

No skid marks...
Old 05-23-2021, 08:16 AM

Why aren't lawyers ever bitten by sharks?
Professional courtesy.
Old 05-23-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

A businessman needed to estimate the height of a building, so he consulted an engineer, an architect, and a lawyer. The engineer used a surveying level and compass to calculate the height. The architect counted the floors and measured the height of each floor. But, when he went to the lawyer, the lawyer locked the door, closed the blinds, and said, "how high do you want it to be?"
Old 05-23-2021, 08:51 AM

What do you call a pile of 10 dead attorneys at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.
Closed Thread

Tags
soul, make, enormous, amounts, what’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.