Little known facts (Cliff Craven Wanna-be Edition)

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default Not always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Doesn't. Grey and gray are the same word, same meaning. Grey is the common British spelling, gray is the common American spelling. I spell it grey even though I'm American because it looks nicer to me. I do not, however, add a u to humor or honor as the Brits do.
Trivial, perhaps, but a greyhound is not a greyhound. When used as a name or part of a name not interchangeable. Also, in art/color "gray" is typically a blend of black and white, whereas "grey" is black/white with a touch of blue.
I do agree that grey looks nicer and I also prefer to spell it that way when it is not necessary to be specific.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Trivial, perhaps, but a greyhound is not a greyhound. When used as a name or part of a name not interchangeable. Also, in art/color "gray" is typically a blend of black and white, whereas "grey" is black/white with a touch of blue.
I do agree that grey looks nicer and I also prefer to spell it that way when it is not necessary to be specific.
Well, there are 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Closed Thread

Tags
people, american, italian, north, indians

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.