Mars Attacks! Canada had balloon or something shot down.

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2023, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
MEREDITH DELISO
Sat, February 11, 2023 at 6:39 PM EST
A high-altitude object tracked over northern Canada has been shot down over the Yukon, officials said.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he ordered the takedown of "an unidentified object that violated Canadian airspace."

"Canadian and U.S. aircraft were scrambled, and a U.S. F-22 successfully fired at the object," he tweeted.

Canadian Forces will now recover and analyze the wreckage, Trudeau said.

A US F 22 shot it down ? What's wrong with this picture ? Could not the Canadian piper cub handle this ?
Pilots stated it was a “cylindrical object” with no apparent propulsion system. Also, pilots stated it messed with their electronics of the plane.

NORAD is a joint effort of US and Canada, so when NORAD announces something both countries scramble planes together.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causey View Post
Our government let the first balloon (that we were told about) travel all the way across the continent unmolested. When it became apparent that "most Americans" didn't like it, the government decided to shoot the next couple of balloons down pretty quickly. Seems to me, all it proves is the government didn't know what to do, we have no leadership skills at all, at the leadership level.
"A mind is a terrible thing to waste."
Old 02-12-2023, 10:38 AM

Our satellites can take pictures anywhere on earth that can show the color of someones eyes Yet THEY don't know what they shot down come on man give me a break
Old 02-12-2023, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
What is going on of late with the balloons? And where are they lifting off from?
FYI Some amateur radio operators send up and track balloons that travel the globe as part of the hobby. If you're interested you can see how many are up there and follow them on aprs.fi - live APRS map Now I wonder if they will start shooting them down.

Bob N8ZCA
Old 02-12-2023, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptmckiou View Post
Pilots stated it was a “cylindrical object” with no apparent propulsion system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptmckiou View Post
Also, pilots stated it messed with their electronics of the plane.

NORAD is a joint effort of US and Canada, so when NORAD announces something both countries scramble planes together.
Magnetic levitation ?

floating-jpg
Old 02-12-2023, 10:47 AM

China has only 12 and 1/2 % renewable clean water . Their farming land is polluted. Fighting a war logistically supplying water is a problem for them .
Old 02-12-2023, 10:58 AM
Platinum member
Default Remember pearl harbor & the trojan horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdoffive View Post
no idea. But the prevailing wind would carry them from west to east. Japan launched about 9,000 balloons with bombs attached to them in wwii (retaliation for the doolittle raid on tokyo). Only a very few out of 9,000 ever did any damage, and that was some isolated forest fires. A couple of kids were killed after they found one and tried to pull it out of the woods. But that was all, as i understand it.

Wherever they're coming from, once they're launched they're going to go in a generally westerly direction but aside from that, i doubt they're steerable. The one that hit dead horse on the north slope of alaska may have have been intended for los angeles, for all we know.

Coming from north korea? Maybe kim jong-un's nose is out of joint because he's not been in the news for awhile. I can see him pulling such a stunt. China? Seems pretty primitive compared to what they're capable of.
the chinese by using simplistic technology, balloons, capable of flying loads equivalent to 3 city busses are lulling us into a state of complacency where we in the future think " oh it's just another balloon"
no we are being set up for the day china wants to put mini nukes aboard and launch with gps precision these weapons to take out our icbm silos by detonating over the silos roofs and our nuclear bomber bases. They need very little fuel. Gravity and fins attached to the warheads will put them right on target over some apex point 60k feet above their targets effectively destroying a minimum of one third of our nuclear triad in seconds. Time to wake up and see the first strike capabilities of the balloons
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230212_104423.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	96877  
Old 02-12-2023, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
MEREDITH DELISO
Sat, February 11, 2023 at 6:39 PM EST
A high-altitude object tracked over northern Canada has been shot down over the Yukon, officials said.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he ordered the takedown of "an unidentified object that violated Canadian airspace."

"Canadian and U.S. aircraft were scrambled, and a U.S. F-22 successfully fired at the object," he tweeted.

Canadian Forces will now recover and analyze the wreckage, Trudeau said.

A US F 22 shot it down ? What's wrong with this picture ? Could not the Canadian piper cub handle this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
Funny post of the day.
News update - The Canadian piper club could not be launched because the Canadian aircraft carrier is grounded at drydock. The carrier at present is having hull boards replaced due to dry rot.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Dunno. But I'm not buying into the wild speculation about Chinese spy satellites. I doubt we have anything to fear from a technology that came of age in the 19th century.

You are a very trusting soul. You can bet the Chinese did not send these balloons to check the weather!
Old 02-12-2023, 01:48 PM
Default Spy Balloons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
No idea. But the prevailing wind would carry them from west to east. Japan launched about 9,000 balloons with bombs attached to them in WWII (retaliation for the Doolittle raid on Tokyo). Only a very few out of 9,000 ever did any damage, and that was some isolated forest fires. A couple of kids were killed after they found one and tried to pull it out of the woods. But that was all, as I understand it.

Wherever they're coming from, once they're launched they're going to go in a generally westerly direction but aside from that, I doubt they're steerable. The one that hit Dead Horse on the north slope of Alaska may have have been intended for Los Angeles, for all we know.

Coming from North Korea? Maybe Kim Jong-un's nose is out of joint because he's not been in the news for awhile. I can see him pulling such a stunt. China? Seems pretty primitive compared to what they're capable of.
Please note that there is nothing primative about sending equipment the size of 3 school buses (as reported) into and across our country. And, YES, they were shown to be steerable from their flight paths.
Obviously, China is willing to risk an international incident to gather the information the equipment is designed to retrieve. You can be certain they were forwarding the data retrieved via their satellites in real time as they traveled. This is not 19th century technology.
Demand that we get the truth about these and how we handled their detection. If not.....
Old 02-12-2023, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Turkey drop
Now that is one I can believe.
Old 02-13-2023, 06:32 AM
Default Enough already

Enough with the quotes added after every comment. It is getting very tired and old
Old 02-13-2023, 09:45 AM

Todays news they shot down another one over Lake Huron and China says they have been flying them over the US 10 times last year.
Old 02-13-2023, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Who thinks that this is not just a distraction while something bigger and worse is looming?

Weather Balloon? B.S.

If our government did this to any of the suspected culprits would it get a pass like it does here?
Old 02-13-2023, 10:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I agree, & is this just the start of something? We’re living in a messed up world. My question is how or who got us into this mess?
Closed Thread

Tags
mars, balloons, lifting, attacks, late

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.