Feel like a Villager

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Gold member
Default Feel like a Villager

iginally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Congrats!!! And if you've already bought your lamp post sign, then it's 'official'!!

Bill
Almost... still need a golf cart.
This got me thinking.. when did you first feel like a Villager? At closing?
F or me it was getting the first golf cart.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
iginally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Congrats!!! And if you've already bought your lamp post sign, then it's 'official'!!

Bill
Almost... still need a golf cart.
This got me thinking.. when did you first feel like a Villager? At closing?
F or me it was getting the first golf cart.
I really felt like a Villager when I went somewhere that I had to show my ID, probably Katy Bells.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Sage

When I was able to help someone on the cart trail who was lost.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Sage

For us, the biggest piece was having a closing day that went smoothly. Keys in hand, the house was ours!! After that, the remaining piece was finally reaching the end of the myriad things that need taken care of when buying a house in TV and planning on continuing to be snowflakes: Getting house watch set up (thank you, redwitch!), ensuring all the utilities get transferred and set up for auto pay, arranging for lawn and landscaping care, and so on......and taking delivery of our golf cart, too! When all those things were behind us, we breathed a collective sigh of relief and said, "That's it!! We're here! Empty pockets, but we're here!"

"Phase II" will happen when we can finally spend our winters in TV. And who knows, maybe they'll be a Phase III.......and IV.......and.......???!!!

Bill
Old 05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Smile When we felt at home

It was NOT coming down several times watching our home being built. It was NOT staying with friends going to see the sights (but this was alot of fun as our friends are truly dear people). It was NOT getting up at our friends house to go to our closing. It was NOT leaving closing and going to pickup our new Golf car. It was NOT being in our home throughout the day while every sales person knocked on our door trying to sell us water conditioners. It DID START when we showered in our shower to go out for the evening and the squares. It got EVEN BETTER coming home after the evening and going to OUR home, sitting on OUR Lanai before retiring for the evening..... BUT WHEN IT REALLY HIT US, was the next morning, having coffee and trying to decide where we were going first, all while sitting on OUR LANAI....
Old 05-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Gold member
Default Im' with ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
It was NOT coming down several times watching our home being built. It was NOT staying with friends going to see the sights (but this was alot of fun as our friends are truly dear people). It was NOT getting up at our friends house to go to our closing. It was NOT leaving closing and going to pickup our new Golf car. It was NOT being in our home throughout the day while every sales person knocked on our door trying to sell us water conditioners. It DID START when we showered in our shower to go out for the evening and the squares. It got EVEN BETTER coming home after the evening and going to OUR home, sitting on OUR Lanai before retiring for the evening..... BUT WHEN IT REALLY HIT US, was the next morning, having coffee and trying to decide where we were going first, all while sitting on OUR LANAI....
Well said
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.