New World Anyone?

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2021, 08:28 AM
Default New World Anyone?

Do any of you old codgers out there play video games at all? And of those, do any of you play MMO's (massively multiplayer online) games? MMO's are a great way to be social and have fun from your seat at your desk. You can also play solo when you wish. They are long-term games where you develop a character (or more than one) and play in a fictional world, possibly fantasy, science fiction, or other.

New World

Anyway, do to the large scale of these games, new ones are not released very often. But there is one about to be released call New World. It is getting rave reviews and is expected to be the next big thing in MMO's.

I think it would be great if we could get some folks from TV to play. The more the merrier, but even just a few would be great. I have already pre-purchased it and am looking forward to playing it later this month. It really adds to the experience to start a game like this at the beginning and grow with it as it grows. We could start our own in-game guild. I'm also a member of another guild which will have a large presence in the game. That guild is called the Old Timers Guild (OTG). That's right...it's for people who are a bit aged in the gaming world. Fits us to a tee. Heheh. We could have our own TV guild and also be members of OTG if we wanted to.

The cost? About $40 to buy the game. There is no monthly subscription, as many MMO's require. So $40 is the max cost for you to give it a try and play it forever if you wish.

Anyway, post here or send me a PM if you think you might be interested. Lots of fun. MMO's can be exciting and they can be very relaxing and calming. You can choose your own play style. Hope to hear from you. After all, TV needs another activity!!

Last edited by Davonu; 09-20-2021 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
Do any of you old codgers out there play video games at all? And of those, do any of you play MMO's (massively multiplayer online) games? MMO's are a great way to be social and have fun from your seat at your desk. You can also play solo when you wish. They are long-term games where you develop a character (or more than one) and play in a fictional world, possibly fantasy, science fiction, or other.

New World

Anyway, do to the large scale of these games, new ones are not released very often. But there is one about to be released call New World. It is getting rave reviews and is expected to be the next big thing in MMO's.

I think it would be great if we could get some folks from TV to play. The more the merrier, but even just a few would be great. I have already pre-purchased it and am looking forward to playing it later this month. It really adds to the experience to start a game like this at the beginning and grow with it as it grows. We could start our own in-game guild. I'm also a member of another guild which will have a large presence in the game. That guild is called the Old Timers Guild (OTG). That's right...it's for people who are a bit aged in the gaming world. Fits us to a tee. Heheh. We could have our own TV guild and also be members of OTG if we wanted to.

The cost? About $40 to buy the game. There is no monthly subscription, as many MMO's require. So $40 is the max cost for you to give it a try and play it forever if you wish.

Anyway, post here or send me a PM if you think you might be interested. Lots of fun. MMO's can be exciting and they can be very relaxing and calming. You can choose your own play style. Hope to hear from you. After all, TV needs another activity!!

I'll check it out.

Unfortunately, I stopped playing high-end PC-only games years ago. I spent so much money in my teens, 20's, and 30's on computer upgrades, that I finally embraced consoles when the original Xbox came out.

I've had an Xbox ever since. And, even though a well-equipped PC will have better everything, I stick with Xbox and Playstation (although I like Xbox most).

If I had all the money I spent on technology in my life, I could've bought the wide lot facing the pond with the big fountain. Oh, well.

Anyway, if the specs are not too big, maybe I can play on my pc.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:33 PM
Veteran member

While I play MMOs, I've not played much lately. My last MMO was Tera and sorta MMO was No Man's Sky. I'm still in Elder Scrolls Online but while my wife plays, I don't get on much. I'm just too busy.

Looking at the trailer for this one it looks a bit like Tera crossed with Age of Conan.

Is it instanced or totally open world? $40 might be worth a look.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

I only play MUDs. Specifically ArmageddonMUD. Based loosely on the Dark Sun D&D campaign with a bit of Frank Herbert's Dune tossed in for atmosphere.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:

New World

My wife and I play. I play mostly Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim, Boulder's Gate 3, and World of War Craft. My wife plays mostly World of Warcraft, Boulders Gate 3 and Skyrim.

I have been watching New Worlds development with interest. I expect we will try it.

Have you tried Baulders Gate 3? Nice game, turned based, which I don't completely like, but the way they do it works okay.

I would be interested in participating, I don't know if it has "guilds".
Old 09-20-2021, 03:18 PM

Quick reply to some of your comments...

I play consoles too. The comfort of a recliner with a controller in-hand is hard to beat. But an MMO like New World (PC only) has its draw. I'm looking forward to it.

It is not instanced. Totally open world.

I've played almost all the games you mentioned, GrumpyOldMan. I still play Elder Scrolls Online (ESO)...on the Playstation. I'd be game to try to get folks together for ESO if a console MMO has appeal to some.

Good input so far. Sounds like we have some potential here.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:42 PM
Sage

For anyone with even a remote curiosity about MUDs (I've posted about them in the past), Armageddon's been getting fresh interest. The website is armageddon.org - and again this is a text-based RPG, perma-death, no levels, the first RPI in the mudding world dating back to 1980-something (I've been playing since 2002). It is not a "massively" multiplayer game, but it does have a solid consistent playerbase.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
For anyone with even a remote curiosity about MUDs (I've posted about them in the past), Armageddon's been getting fresh interest. The website is armageddon.org - and again this is a text-based RPG, perma-death, no levels, the first RPI in the mudding world dating back to 1980-something (I've been playing since 2002). It is not a "massively" multiplayer game, but it does have a solid consistent playerbase.
I have played MUDs since the late 70's. I will have to look into that one.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:33 PM

By the way, New World launches on 9/28. Yes, very soon! So get that preorder in so we can start playing right at launch!!

Last edited by Davonu; 09-20-2021 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:38 AM

Quick personal note...sorry to you OBB for my reply to your previous post. My reply (which I have since edited out) was unwarranted.

Let's get back to talking games!
Old 09-21-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Quick personal note...sorry to you OBB for my reply to your previous post. My reply (which I have since edited out) was unwarranted.

Let's get back to talking games!
I never saw it so um - you're forgiven I guess?

The only New World game I'm familiar with is another MUD that I have never played. That was why the title of your thread caught my attention. I thought you were talking about that (since I don't do graphic games at all).
Old 09-21-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I never saw it so um - you're forgiven I guess?

The only New World game I'm familiar with is another MUD that I have never played. That was why the title of your thread caught my attention. I thought you were talking about that (since I don't do graphic games at all).
LOL! Thanks for being so forgiving. I assure you my comment wasn't nasty or anything...but I soon realized after I posted it that even the comment I did make simply wasn't warranted...this is a Just For Fun gaming thread!!
Closed Thread

Tags
play, guild, mmos, world, games

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.