To pee or not to pee

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Sage
Default To pee or not to pee

I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes & the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could call the program "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!
Old 02-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Taltarzac
Default This first post looks politcal in nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes & the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Looks like a political post to me.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Taltarzac;328311]Looks like a political post to me.

I guess you're right that it is political if you agree that the system is OK. Otherwise, look at it as humorous that how the system operates.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

One thing to remember (or know) -- if you've ever been convicted of a drug charge, you're not eligible for welfare.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

I think politicians should be required to pass a random drug test as well as a criminal background check...................that should knock a few out of the running.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherbruddaDarrell View Post
I think politicians should be required to pass a random drug test as well as a criminal background check...................that should knock a few out of the running.
Yes, why would anyone object to that?? OH,..... I know, pass or fail. What could be simpler.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Sage

For some reason, I thought this was going to be a thread about Fumar's yard.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
For some reason, I thought this was going to be a thread about Fumar's yard.
That's where I'm heading the next time my "teeth are floating"!!

Bill
Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 PM

I LIKE this idea of Shimpy's!!! It makes great sense. I believe each state would save a fortune if everyone had to take a urine test before receiving their check! Now how do we convince those overseeing the system to consider that?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post

I have been advocating that here in Indiana for years now....I have proposed a bill requiring all public servants to comply to a random drug and alcohole, yes even the police dept. and the firemen as well....It has been met with great opposition....The police and firemen with there great advertisements of being public heros has made them almost unapproachable....I do agree with you that anyone who takes money from tax payers should be drug free...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.