Playing violins in the toilet paper aisle at Publix.

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2020, 06:47 AM

I especially liked the one about Man who uses the last roll of TP in 2050 that his parents bought in 2020.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:26 AM

WHY A RUN ON TOILET PAPER?? ever ask yourself what has the virus has got to do with toilet paper?? There was a major fake 'news' out let that ran a video of people in Australia fighting over paper towels in a supermarket. Because of the major fires in Australia the wood available to make paper was short. They ran it and did not say it was IN Australia and it caught hold here in America and everyone thought we would be running out of paper products mainly toilet paper. THANK YOU fake news outlet!!!!
Old 03-20-2020, 07:31 AM

laughter is the best medicine!
Old 03-20-2020, 07:51 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post
you all are idiots. Humor at someone's expense is not funny especially when uncertainty and fear is involved. I sure hope this all ends soon.
Over react much?
Old 03-20-2020, 08:06 AM

daddymac1127, Things are just beginning to get scary and we only have 3 or 4 cases of the virus in surrounding counties. Truth is, its likely to get worse before it gets better. This is unlike anything the U.S. has been through before, but we are Americans! We are strong and resilient and resourceful. We will make it through whatever lies ahead and come out stronger on the other side. I understand your frustration with the situation but lashing out doesnt help you deal with your feelings..
It wont make you feel better. Folks who laugh at their predicaments release a lot of the fear and negativity. It is a healthy coping mechanism. It doesnt mean that aren't taking this seriously...
Stay strong...
Old 03-20-2020, 08:27 AM

Everyone deals differently. Maybe you should do what you need to do and lighten up on everyone else.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the smile to start my day.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
you all are idiots. Humor at someone's expense is not funny especially when uncertainty and fear is involved. I sure hope this all ends soon.
I've offered on another post here on this forum, and I'll bet there are folks who will do the same.

If you run low on toilet paper and you live in my village area (the historic area), and you're down to your last roll after the one in your toilet paper holder, private message me. I stocked up weeks ago because I ALWAYS stock up when there's a sale. I have a limited amount of TP to spare, but I will gladly do so.

If you need rubbing alcohol for a medical situation (catheter, ostomy bag change-over, etc) please let me know. I don't have a lot of it. But I have more than I'll need for the next 6 months (I ALWAYS keep a bottle in my cabinet and only use it to clean tweezers when I get a splinter or other first-aid use) and will gladly pour some off for you, in your own container.

We are not laughing at anyone's expense. There is PLENTY of toilet paper to go around, and if you aren't the type of person who buys extra when they're on sale just to save money, I'm sure one of your neighbors is and will be more than happy to give you a roll if you ask them.

MEANWHILE - we need to laugh at our own humanity. That is what makes us human.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Judgmental much? Name calling is uncalled for. Humor is what gets people through during times of strife. If you lose your sense of humor you are doomed for sure.
Just saying.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-20-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Hmmmm----you know what they say about a person who thinks EVERYONE ELSE is an idiot (or stupid, or crazy, or wrong) and that they're the only intelligent (or smart, or sane, or right) person in the room. The clinical term is delusional, but many other less polite terms are applicable.
I agree. Narcissist is another term that fits people like that.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,201 Times in 463 Posts

A little over the top, no?
Old 03-20-2020, 09:58 AM

We all deal with stress a d fear in our own way. Would I have made a Titanic joke at this time, probably not but I can see the humor in poking fun of the TP hoarders. I am sure no one wants to offend but i also know I cant cry and wring my hands enough to make this situation go away.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:27 AM
Send a message via AIM to Lscahill

Nice post
Old 03-20-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Humor does help, and as stated, it is not at anyone else's expense. However, worry and fear will not help you or anyone else. Remember, what you fear you will attract, and, laughter has been proven to be medicinal.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:27 PM

I think it's wonderful that people can create moments of laughter in the midst of this nightmare. Thanks for sharing!
Closed Thread

Tags
playing, played, stuff, funny, titanic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.