Rock n roll trivia

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

As long as I've heard of Barbra Streisand, I've heard her called Babs and, since I'm inherently lazy, I'd much rather type Babs than her full name and the strange spelling of her first name (she was born BarbAra Joan Streisand).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Sage

That's fine - - -

As long as I have heard of Barbra Streisand I have never heard her called Babs.
(but then again, I don't ever recall anyone called Babs - maybe it is an East Coast/New York kind of nick name?)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-24-2011, 05:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
That's fine - - -

As long as I have heard of Barbra Streisand I have never heard her called Babs.
(but then again, I don't ever recall anyone called Babs - maybe it is an East Coast/New York kind of nick name?)

It could be. I am from Long Island NY and Babs was what everyone called her. I also know two Barbaras (not Barbra like Streisand) who are called Babs. I guess it is like calling Henry- Hank" or Walter "Wally", or Anthony - "Tony".
Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Don't think it's an East Coast thing. First time I saw Funny Girl was in California and that's when I first heard her sing. Think I was in line to get the tickets when someone called her Babs. Of course, it's possible the person calling her that had an East Coast accent, really don't remember that one way or the other.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Sage

That's probably nearly 45 years ago and you remember being in a line for a movie and someone in the line called Streisand "Babs" - that's just like my wife's memory!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-25-2011, 04:37 PM

Turtles
Carole King
Yesterday
3 Dog Night
Barbra Streisand
Climax Blues Band
Johnny & Judy
Rightous Brothers
T-Bird
Tom Hannon
Old 05-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Platinum member

Alex... Actually the answer is Climax NOT Climax Blues Band. They are different bands. Climax Blues Band was (I believe) a British band. And as far as being the bigger poster on TOTV, I am not even close to legendary Gracie.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:06 PM

Thanks Tom...Climax Blues band came into mind when I saw it. I remember that now....Thanks for the Games....It brings back memories!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex53 View Post
Thanks Tom...Climax Blues band came into mind when I saw it. I remember that now....Thanks for the Games....It brings back memories!
Life has been hectic the past week and I'll try to put another trivia game together. Remember ...all the questions I have asked so far was off my head bone and no research necessary. I might have to be more creative in the future because many of you guys answer the questions on the first page of posts.

Maybe I'll do something with lyrics next time.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:14 PM

I remember a group called The Outsiders... They had a song titled "Time Won't Let Me " from the late 60s or early 70s... Seems to me Sonny Geraci was their lead singer.....
Old 06-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbill View Post
I remember a group called The Outsiders... They had a song titled "Time Won't Let Me " from the late 60s or early 70s... Seems to me Sonny Geraci was their lead singer.....
Yes, Sonny Geraci was The Outsiders lead singer. They did have two solid albums on 8-track. When I heard "Precious and Few" for the first time after The Outsiders broke up, I knew the lead singer had to be Geraci.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.