Roundabout Humor (Slightly Amusing)

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Default Roundabout Humor (Slightly Amusing)

Here is what a Scotish Expat who moved to Italy has to say about Italians driving in roundabouts (from The Local, Driving in Italy: Ten Italian road habits to watch out for - The Local :

"Now, roundabouts themselves are not a problem. Me, I’m quite partial to a well-placed roundabout. When we first moved here 12 years ago there were none. I can still vividly remember my first encounter with an Italian roundabout, and a half-finished one at that, on a cold, dark winter’s evening in the middle of nowhere… Now that was a bumpy ride.

"But while roundabouts have since become part of the scenery, the average Italian’s inclination to follow the required etiquette has not progressed at an equivalent rate. You can never assume that you have priority when you should and, particularly with the smaller rotatoria, you should never assume that your Italian counterpart, whether prioritized or not, will go round, and not over, the roundabout.
My only advice here is, once again, to always be aware, be very aware."

So we're not alone.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Italian roundabout.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	80406  

Tags
roundabout, roundabouts, italian, assume, aware

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.