Snake Scare

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Gold member
Default Snake Scare

Today while playing Kilimanjaro at Havana I pushed my drive on 5th hole. I thought I was still inbounds but close. Looking in area I thought I was located didn’t see a ball but looking back aways a ball was sitting close to a house. The ball out of bounds and I assumed it was mine. I walked over to pick it up and saw a snake about 4’ away from it. Being pretty quick I reached and grabbed the ball quickly and the snake jumped at me just as quickly. It was a rubber snake attached to the golf ball with a string. Although I am the butt of the joke I very much appreciate the innovation this home owner showed. Just a great prank. % hours later I’m still smiling. Thanks for the laugh. I did find my ball and it was inbounds, took a bogey on hole.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Gold member

Glad you weren't bitten....to bad you didn't stay off of their property.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Fifth hole, that's the hole after you go have to make the crossover through the tunnel I believe. The only homes I remember are very far to the right and are protected usually by a giant tree that I sometimes get near, but the homes, that was pretty far off target. I think you have my worse shot beat.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Looking in area I thought I was located didn’t see a ball but looking back aways a ball was sitting close to a house. The ball out of bounds and I assumed it was mine.
I assume from your story about the fake snake that the homeowner was a tad annoyed about golfers trespassing on his property.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Gold member

its Halloween..... and its a trick......funny as ever......because it happened to you...

If it were me, I would have had a heart attack.....
Old 10-10-2017, 07:15 PM

I've seen the same snake. They have it up year round. People with a good sense of humor.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Today while playing Kilimanjaro at Havana I pushed my drive on 5th hole. I thought I was still inbounds but close. Looking in area I thought I was located didn’t see a ball but looking back aways a ball was sitting close to a house. The ball out of bounds and I assumed it was mine. I walked over to pick it up and saw a snake about 4’ away from it. Being pretty quick I reached and grabbed the ball quickly and the snake jumped at me just as quickly. It was a rubber snake attached to the golf ball with a string. Although I am the butt of the joke I very much appreciate the innovation this home owner showed. Just a great prank. % hours later I’m still smiling. Thanks for the laugh. I did find my ball and it was inbounds, took a bogey on hole.
That's quite funny. Thanks for posting that.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Veteran member

Just saying....Great Joke! I'll have to try that some time. The golf etiquette guide printed by The Villages states: NEVER PLAY OR RETRIEVE A BALL from the yard of a resident. Report any damage of private property to the homeowner. (THAT'S A JOKE) PLAYING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED beyond the property line of a resident homes even if not designated by white Out-of-Bound stakes. Too bad some golfers can't read!
Old 10-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Gold member

I must say I’m a little surprised at some of the reaction to my sharing what I thought was a great piece of humor by a home owner I don’t know. Just so those whom I seemed to have affended by walking 8’ on someone’s lawn to pick up what I thought was my ball I did not and would not play a ball off someone’s property. I have seen some golf course homes with a small no trespassing sign next to out of bounds and respect that. I have also seen home owners that leave a basket of ball found on their property for people to take. If someone knows this home owner and knows they are upset about me walking onto their property I will contact them and apologize. I will also tell them I still love their sense of humor.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:28 AM

If you bought a house on a golf course and are 150-200 yards off the tee box your house will get hit by balls. I would never go searching thru the bushes for a ball but if I see it a step or two on your property I will get it. If this bothers you, call the police!
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Default No etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurnee_steve View Post
If you bought a house on a golf course and are 150-200 yards off the tee box your house will get hit by balls. I would never go searching thru the bushes for a ball but if I see it a step or two on your property I will get it. If this bothers you, call the police!
If your ball lands anywhere on my property, it is now mine. You should not trespass on my private property to retrieve it.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:07 PM

Actually, it is not your ball, it is my ball. I'll just use my ball retriever.
Closed Thread

Tags
ball, snake, inbounds, close, quickly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.