They walk among us and they reproduce.

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2022, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts
Default They walk among us and they reproduce.

So I am at (you guess) scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her- why are you double bagging all of your groceries? Me- excuse me?
Her- you are wasting our bags!
Me- if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her- that's not my job!
Me- okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her- why are you using two bags?!
Me- because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me- so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her- exactly.
Me- so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her- no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
Me -pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me- okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
Me- looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it. And with that she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:26 AM

Old 02-17-2022, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Old 02-17-2022, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Please tell me, this really didn't happen, it's a joke, right????
Old 02-17-2022, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

I believe it, and I would be willing to bet that she thought the Super Bowl halftime show was totally awesome as well? Don’t expect her to do any math, unless there’s an app on her phone to perform the task for her : (
Old 02-17-2022, 11:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

This is why cashiers will be a thing of the past.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

I think I have seen this before on Facebook years ago.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Oh, geez. Don’t get me started on that place.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:24 PM

Her: thought she could treat you like her better half(he/me) and forgot she was at work.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Please tell me, this really didn't happen, it's a joke, right????
OK, now my left eye is twitching...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-17-2022, 07:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,191 Times in 761 Posts

You should have told her that you were not properly trained in self checkout....
Old 02-18-2022, 06:01 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3

Hysterical!!!
Old 02-18-2022, 06:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Either she is trying to protect the bottom line of a company whose revenue is comparable to the 25th largest GDP of all countries or “she lazy”. She has to replace those bags when they run out. Having said that (assuming we are talking about the neighborhood market ) they work pretty hard and are constantly having to assist with hosed op scanners. They did run out of bags completely late last year so I snagged a couple umbrella bags and shoved the rest of it in my cargo shorts pockets. That felt really strange like I was stealing something even though I paid for it.
Old 02-18-2022, 06:24 AM

totally amazing isn't it.. lack of training, common sense and education ..
Old 02-18-2022, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
So I am at (you guess) scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her- why are you double bagging all of your groceries? Me- excuse me?
Her- you are wasting our bags!
Me- if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her- that's not my job!
Me- okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her- why are you using two bags?!
Me- because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me- so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her- exactly.
Me- so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her- no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
Me -pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me- okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
Me- looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it. And with that she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.

Wow. I almost wet myself!!! I work at a bank. We do disputes for debit cards. Must be related to your person from the market. You have to check boxes to indicate happened. Simple really...
But we get the box checked that says “I did not authorize the transaction”.....then they check the box that says “I didn’t get the merchandise I ordered”. Same theory
Closed Thread

Tags
bag, double, bagging, bags, groceries

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.