The Thread About NOTHING

Old 08-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
That's exactly what happened to my husband. His BP was going through the roof and I kept telling him he had to make a change. He finally did, but it wasn't until he fully retired that his health pretty much returned back to normal. Odd as it might sound, trying to get him to take medicine is NOTHING but difficult so quitting and making lifestyle changes was pretty much his only other option.

I'm like Nucky, I don't get high BP, I give it. Where my husband would hold everything in, I wouldn't. I try to release my stress in mostly in good ways, unfortunately sometimes not. I try not to hurt anybody in the process.
Your husband and I are both very lucky guys in that we both have NOTHING but caring wives to look after us when we might not be looking after ourselves.

How's he feeling after his bee assault?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Your husband and I are both very lucky guys in that we both have NOTHING but caring wives to look after us when we might not be looking after ourselves.

How's he feeling after his bee assault?
He's doing okay. He keeps going out for more - NOTHING but Mr Tough Guy. Of all the times in his life he decides to ditch the white coat job to do all this physical labor. I know he loves it but it worries me because he doesn't know when to stop. Some nights he comes home and he can barely stand up. Tonight he even went to the gym afterward......he is one determined guy and difficult to stop when he gets going.

I keep telling him he'll find plenty of odd jobs to do when we move to TV. As for me, I'll be busy enough just trying to stay out of trouble.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

NOTHING but fun trying to blow up the credit cards. Of course until the bills come due. I’m the problem child as far as spending goes. I loves to spend. I loves to make money to. I’m thinking about starting a diet program. Or being a Televangelist. Oh yeah that the ticket, slap some big fake eyelashes on momma and preach the word. The word is NOTHING but folding American Dollars in the collection plate. No change please!
Old 08-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
NOTHING but fun trying to blow up the credit cards. Of course until the bills come due. I’m the problem child as far as spending goes. I loves to spend. I loves to make money to. I’m thinking about starting a diet program. Or being a Televangelist. Oh yeah that the ticket, slap some big fake eyelashes on momma and preach the word. The word is NOTHING but folding American Dollars in the collection plate. No change please!
Keep thinking......hope NOTHING but better ideas come your way. lol
Old 08-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
The Mega Church of Perpetual NOTHING.. I like it.. lol

Old 08-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
My first NOTHING prayer may be purchased by the person who wants to retire here first. Sorry, no checks, NOTHING personal! Oh baby
Old 08-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Not for any reason not For NOTHING am I ever wearing the Tammy Fay eyelashes. They always fall off and end up in the soup.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
My first NOTHING prayer may be purchased by the person who wants to retire here first. Sorry, no checks, NOTHING personal! Oh baby
See you can think of NOTHING but better ideas. And you know that prayer has my name written all over it!
Old 08-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Not for any reason not For NOTHING am I ever wearing the Tammy Fay eyelashes. They always fall off and end up in the soup.
You really must model them for us at our first NOTHING meeting. And on that note, I need to get some shut eye if I'm going to make it through tomorrow. Hope I don't dream about some guy with big eyelashes.....
Old 08-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
There is a difference between the person who wants to retire there first and the person who WILL retire there first. The NOTHING Challenge is mine..

Old 08-02-2018, 06:04 AM
fw102807

Quote:
There is a difference between the person who wants to retire there first and the person who WILL retire there first. The NOTHING Challenge is mine..
Talk is NOTHING but cheap
Old 08-02-2018, 06:18 AM
fw102807

Quote:
That's exactly what happened to my husband. His BP was going through the roof and I kept telling him he had to make a change. He finally did, but it wasn't until he fully retired that his health pretty much returned back to normal. Odd as it might sound, trying to get him to take medicine is NOTHING but difficult so quitting and making lifestyle changes was pretty much his only other option.
I hate medication also especially since this last experience where I was taking a carcinogen made in China. So many side effects with all these meds. Fortunately all I take is the BP meds and maybe if I could learn to exercise more and eat less I could go back to taking NOTHING. I have already removed the stress.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Talk is NOTHING but cheap
Fw, you crack me up with your sharp wit.

Looks like Mr Konfidence needs to be knocked down a few pegs. I'm NOTHING but up for the challenge. I have to admit what Nucky once said though. When the time finally comes that we're both moved to TV, it will be a win-win for all of us. Then NOTHING can expand its borders if the manifesto allows, of course. That will give us good reason to attempt to locate at least one of our lost members to seek answers.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:20 AM
Sage

We will see the other member one day. After NOTHING but a unknown stretch of time the Higher Power, The Great and all Knowing and Benevolent Oz will probably let him off the hook! Probably being the key word. What a fun guy, sorta like a fungi, he spread his thoughts around. An equal opportunity offender!
Old 08-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I hate medication also especially since this last experience where I was taking a carcinogen made in China. So many side effects with all these meds. Fortunately all I take is the BP meds and maybe if I could learn to exercise more and eat less I could go back to taking NOTHING. I have already removed the stress.
I hear you, and feel terrible about the stress this has caused you. I really think that a medication precipitated my mother's death. This is why I'm so hesitant about new meds coming out and wonder why some doctors insist on immediately jumping on the bandwagon if there are older meds that can be used first. Personally, I would request for myself what I call an "oldy, but goody" med as first line treatment and then move on to the newer ones if that doesn't work. I do see a lot of doctors doing just that and admire their concern for the patient both therapy-wise and cost-wise. The guidelines for FDA approval have changed so much over the years that sometimes I think they are put on the market too fast and we, the consumer, become the guinea pigs.

Of course, your case is totally different and therefore NOTHING but outrageous. I think this is a new low in medicine that this kind of thing can even happen. First food, now medicine - what next?

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.