The Thread About NOTHING

Old 09-10-2018, 06:20 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I'm imagining a knock on my door and it's one of my kids. Nothing sounds better then that. great story
I was drawn into NOTHING a long while ago congratulating you on a new grandchild. Was that your only one?
Old 09-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Good morning, Everyone. Wish I could stay here and do NOTHING all day but for now that doesn't pay enough.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-10-2018, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Good morning, Everyone. Wish I could stay here and do NOTHING all day but for now that doesn't pay enough.. lol
Especially if you're doing nothing but taking trips to Australia!
Old 09-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I've been retired now for 2 years and it still feels a little surreal. After all of those years of working so hard and now being here where it is so beautiful all the time and I can choose what I want to do or do NOTHING. I still feel like I might wake up some day and find it is just a dream.
I feel what you are saying 1000%. NOTHING but unbelievable that we went from full steam ahead at work to doctors and body repair around the clock. Don't forget to get in your daily mandatory no guilt Nappy-Poo!

I'm not gonna lie, I miss work but there is no way I could continue, Impossible. Once I feel better life will improve greatly, I'm working on it.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
I was drawn into NOTHING a long while ago congratulating you on a new grandchild. Was that your only one?
Nothing came up so I have no explanation why I didn't respond sooner. I have 1 grandchild. He is cute as a button and just started walking a little while ago. I think about him lot.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:57 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Nothing came up so I have no explanation why I didn't respond sooner. I have 1 grandchild. He is cute as a button and just started walking a little while ago. I think about him lot.
I totally understand I could do NOTHING (not do NOTHING?) because I was at Operation Shoebox. I also have one grandson who just turned 6 and just started first grade.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
I totally understand I could do NOTHING (not do NOTHING?) because I was at Operation Shoebox. I also have one grandson who just turned 6 and just started first grade.
I didn't forget NOTHING today other than we had to take a friend who can't drive to the Dr. on Old Camp Rd. Please put me in the Shoebox next time, Please.

We have 4 grandchildren who we love beyond description however it is the time of our lives to live our lives and not continue raising children. This revelation occurred to the brains of the family, not me during 7 weeks that would never end on our recent visit with them. We see them constantly on Facetime or Skype.

I missed the little NOTHING wise acres when we departed but don't miss a house that's a mission to navigate. Too many steps. Good for the diet because the kitchen was too far away to sneak a cookie in the middle of the night.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:10 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I didn't forget NOTHING today other than we had to take a friend who can't drive to the Dr. on Old Camp Rd. Please put me in the Shoebox next time, Please.

We have 4 grandchildren who we love beyond description however it is the time of our lives to live our lives and not continue raising children. This revelation occurred to the brains of the family, not me during 7 weeks that would never end on our recent visit with them. We see them constantly on Facetime or Skype.

I missed the little NOTHING wise acres when we departed but don't miss a house that's a mission to navigate. Too many steps. Good for the diet because the kitchen was too far away to sneak a cookie in the middle of the night.
No problem, I had to drive one of my neighbors to the eye doctor this morning so I can totally understand. Either way you were helping which is great. I do not miss work at all because now I can do things like this instead of always having time for NOTHING. Doing for others is so much more satisfying than work except for the money part.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
No problem, I had to drive one of my neighbors to the eye doctor this morning so I can totally understand. Either way you were helping which is great. I do not miss work at all because now I can do things like this instead of always having time for NOTHING. Doing for others is so much more satisfying than work except for the money part.
I know what you mean. It's not a favor if I take Money for gas. He explained that its because he was brought up during the depression and that formed his outlook about money for the rest of his life. I take the money than leave it on the kitchen table, I would love NOTHING better than to not have a confrontation ever again.

Saying a Prayer for our neighbors to the North for the storm. God help them. Our middle son was scheduled to move to Summerville S.C. next year. I warned him about the ferocious weather down here. He has two of those grandchildren with him and a daughter in law that is better than a real daughter. What a doll she is. We have 3 great D.I.L.'S

Off to the pool....Later Gators.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:47 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I know what you mean. It's not a favor if I take Money for gas. He explained that its because he was brought up during the depression and that formed his outlook about money for the rest of his life. I take the money than leave it on the kitchen table, I would love NOTHING better than to not have a confrontation ever again.

Saying a Prayer for our neighbors to the North for the storm. God help them. Our middle son was scheduled to move to Summerville S.C. next year. I warned him about the ferocious weather down here. He has two of those grandchildren with him and a daughter in law that is better than a real daughter. What a doll she is. We have 3 great D.I.L.'S

Off to the pool....Later Gators.
Don't feel bad about taking the money for gas it is his way of feeling good and not feeling helpless.

I am also praying that this storm passes them by. I have very good friends that were severely impacted by hurricane Sandy so you really can't think about where you will be safe because the answer to that is no place or is it NOTHING?
Old 09-10-2018, 06:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Especially if you're doing nothing but taking trips to Australia!
Trust me, if I could make NOTHING pay for those trips I would.. lol

Old 09-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Sage

You guys are NOTHING but awesome helping your neighbors in need.. Can't wait until I get there..

Old 09-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Call me NOTHING but insane.....after 2 hours on the road back and forth to work and 10 hours on the job, I'm sitting outside the gym contemplating going in.

See you in about an hour, if I make it out alive...lol
Old 09-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Call me NOTHING but insane.....after 2 hours on the road back and forth to work and 10 hours on the job, I'm sitting outside the gym contemplating going in.

Your wish is my command..

You're NOTHING but insane..

Keep track of how many miles you're taking off your life.. lol

Old 09-10-2018, 06:33 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

We will leave the light on here in NOTHING

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.