The Thread About NOTHING

Old 11-04-2018, 01:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Some characters' dialog from 1959's North by Northwest--

Eve Kendall: Roger O. Thornhill. What does the O stand for?
Roger O. Thornhill: NOTHING.

North by Northwest (1959) - Rotten Tomatoes
I NOTHING but know this one Tal, its either Orville or Oreo? Do I get the chicken dinner?
Old 11-04-2018, 06:57 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Yeah.. We don't want NOTHING bigger than a three bedroom. But that BBQ area almost made me have a Nucky moment. lol
It's gorgeous for sure but I wouldn't take it if they gave it to me. We downsized from a 3000 sq ft house to a 1900 sq ft house and it is perfect, we are very comfortable. Sometimes you don't own stuff it owns you and I want NOTHING like that.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
It's gorgeous for sure but I wouldn't take it if they gave it to me. We downsized from a 3000 sq ft house to a 1900 sq ft house and it is perfect, we are very comfortable. Sometimes you don't own stuff it owns you and I want NOTHING like that.
Well, I might consider it if they GAVE it to me - lol. But I hear ya. I keep telling my husband when we move (especially if we have to keep both houses) we should just stick with the little place. By doing that we will find out what we REALLY need and what we can do without because space will be so limited, including the garage. Then when we can finally sell our house up north we can make the decision whether to go bigger in TV or not. I think the only thing that will cause us to do that will be the garage and maybe an extra bedroom. We'll see. I think in a way we're fortunate to be able to do this gradually for many reasons. Surely there will be some headaches with it too but it's not like we have much of a choice. It will all work out in the end. I have literally bought next to NOTHING other than personal items since we decided 4 years ago that we were moving. I want NOTHING to do with bringing a lot of the stuff we have up here to Florida. Having 2 houses will force us to duplicate some things anyway but that means all the less we will have to move when we make it final which is fine with me! Out with the old, in with the new. I'll keep my husband though.

Anyway, today is Sunday, November 4th. I'm going to try to go to the gym this morning but not sure how productive that's going to be. My back is aching from being in bed those 2 days. I kind of forgot about that part of being sick and laying around like that, how I pay for it with my back.........ouch!
Old 11-04-2018, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I NOTHING but know this one Tal, its either Orville or Oreo? Do I get the chicken dinner?
I love inside jokes in movies. This one is about NOTHING as the Hitchcock wiki shows.

Been watching some Alfred Hitchcock movies that I got from the Lady Lake Library. Love the friendly staff there. See one of them very often.

Quote:
Thornhill's middle initial "O" is widely accepted as being a dig at producer David O. Selznick who added his "O" to distinguish himself from a relative also named David Selznick. According to producer Herbert Coleman, the opening sequence of the film, with Thornhill dictating non-stop to his secretary as they travel across New York to the Plaza Hotel, was an inside joke about Selznick's habit of dictating memos continuously, often with multiple secretaries in tow.[1]
Old 11-04-2018, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
I love inside jokes in movies. This one is about NOTHING as the Hitchcock wiki shows.

Been watching some Alfred Hitchcock movies that I got from the Lady Lake Library. Love the friendly staff there. See one of them very often.
Looks like a good movie. Did you enjoy it? I've watched a lot of Hitchcock movies over the years but do I remember which ones? Not a chance. I've found that's one of the best things about getting older. You can watch a movie over and over again like it's the very first time - lol. I remember almost NOTHING.

I think I have to pay attention to so many details at my job that when I'm outside of work I probably look past a lot of details and just enjoy the big picture.......but that's just me. As a result, I guess that's why I can continue to experience the same thing over and over and still get a lot of pleasure out of it, learning something new each time I do it and/or experience it.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Looks like a good movie. Did you enjoy it? I've watched a lot of Hitchcock movies over the years but do I remember which ones? Not a chance. I've found that's one of the best things about getting older. You can watch a movie over and over again like it's the very first time - lol. I remember almost NOTHING.

I think I have to pay attention to so many details at my job that when I'm outside of work I probably look past a lot of details and just enjoy the big picture.......but that's just me. As a result, I guess that's why I can continue to experience the same thing over and over and still get a lot of pleasure out of it, learning something new each time I do it and/or experience it.
North by Northwest is quite entertaining even with its rather limited special effects in relation to those of 2016-2018 and the like.

It is one of the best Alfred Hitchcock movies. And not for NOTHING.

I found some interesting details in Hitchcock's Vertigo and The Birds but these were because I lived in the San Francisco Bay area or within 60 miles or so from 1984-1986 and then 1991-1996 and visited there quite often from Minneapolis when in law school 1986-1989 and after while working in their law library up through mid-1991. Even brought Jennifer to meet the parents back in 1990 even though I still was quite infatuated with a woman now probably one of the best immigration lawyers on the West Coast. The other woman was in Miami at that time but later moved to SF and the last I looked is still there. I do hope she watches a lot of 2016-2018 movies. Both of these women lawyers I mean as I used to talk with these ladies about stuff quite a bit. They were both fellow law students in the Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners Clinic. I am also communicating more with the U of MN Law School in various ways. There were some quite honest and honorable people there when I was a student and then assistant librarian or whatever my actual title was.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 11-04-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:32 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

That's so funny, I am exactly the same way. We are truly NOTHING sisters. I don't remember much about the movie The Birds except that I was scared out of my mind but I was also terrified of Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein so no surprise there. I am not a fan of scary movies and generally stick to Disney type movies.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
That's so funny, I am exactly the same way. We are truly NOTHING sisters. I don't remember much about the movie The Birds except that I was scared out of my mind but I was also terrified of Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein so no surprise there. I am not a fan of scary movies and generally stick to Disney type movies.
I was scared out of my mind for years because of nightmares I got from watching Fantasia at a movie theater when young. Maybe around 1964? Not sure. Looks like it was 1963. Fantasia (1940 film - Wikipedia)

The Exorcist still scares me with a lot of its scenes. And not for NOTHING.

I do watch a lot of extremely violent horror and war movies which do not have that much of an impact. Probably because I realize that they are just entertainment and few have much of a connection to real life.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:51 AM
fw102807

Quote:
I was scared out of my mind for years because of nightmares I got from watching Fantasia at a movie theater when young. Maybe around 1964? Not sure. Looks like it was 1963. Fantasia (1940 film - Wikipedia)

The Exorcist still scares me with a lot of its scenes. And not for NOTHING.

I do watch a lot of extremely violent horror and war movies which do not have that much of an impact. Probably because I realize that they are just entertainment and few have much of a connection to real life.
It's not so much the violence I have a problem with as the psychological terror since they do have a connection to real life. Psychopaths are NOTHING but very real.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:01 AM
fw102807

Kommander is this the shot you got? NOTHING but easy, no pain at all.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	77169  
Old 11-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
I haven't watched The Birds since it ruined me as a child. NOTHING can make me either.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Kommander is this the shot you got? NOTHING but easy, no pain at all.
Straight out of bootcamp I went to a Navy base just outside of Memphis for training. They would actually take us on "Field trips" to such places as the Pabst brewery and wouldn't you know it, the Jack Daniels Distillery.. I think I did enough "Flu Shots" back then that I should be NOTHING but inoculated.. lol

Old 11-04-2018, 10:31 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Straight out of bootcamp I went to a Navy base just outside of Memphis for training. They would actually take us on "Field trips" to such places as the Pabst brewery and wouldn't you know it, the Jack Daniels Distillery.. I think I did enough "Flu Shots" back then that I should be NOTHING but inoculated.. lol
Well alcohol does NOTHING but kill germs...
Old 11-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well alcohol does NOTHING but kill germs...
We always said that alcohol makes you smarter. Some would argue that it killed off brain cells. We countered that it killed NOTHING but the weaker brain cells leaving NOTHING but the stronger ones to enhance intelligence..

Old 11-04-2018, 10:37 AM
fw102807

Quote:
We always said that alcohol makes you smarter. Some would argue that it killed off brain cells. We countered that it killed NOTHING but the weaker brain cells leaving NOTHING but the stronger ones to enhance intelligence..
I love it...that would make me NOTHING but a genius!

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.