The Thread About NOTHING

Old 12-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I used to love to travel but now that I am here in The Villages I find I am not as much interested. We have been to 3 continents and the Caribbean many times. It just seems like so much work now to go someplace that isn't even as nice as here. I think traveling was always just about getting away and now we don't need to.

Medicare is NOTHING but a deal breaker but you could find a job here where you could get insurance for a while. You might have a different perspective next year when you come.
Even if we move there in five years I'll still have 5 years until I can get Medicare. That will be taken care of with the difference in what we sell our house for here and what we pay for a house there. No way I'm getting a job there. Mrs. K on the other hand.. Not sure if she can stay away from nursing. She says she can but I'm not sure. I can see her going per diem at one of the hospitals there just to stay busy. She's not good at doing NOTHING. .

As far as traveling, I can't imagine losing that passion. Still way too many places we want to see.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Even if we move there in five years I'll still have 5 years until I can get Medicare. That will be taken care of with the difference in what we sell our house for here and what we pay for a house there. No way I'm getting a job there. Mrs. K on the other hand.. Not sure if she can stay away from nursing. She says she can but I'm not sure. I can see her going per diem at one of the hospitals there just to stay busy. She's not good at doing NOTHING. .

As far as traveling, I can't imagine losing that passion. Still way too many places we want to see.
K, all I can say is we have NOTHING but a lot to talk about. So for now just get your as..... I mean butt down there and get your feet wet. It may or may not be life changing for both of you but it is for many. And I'm sure we can share some info with you that may be helpful on what we've been doing healthcare-wise, etc. First things first, you have to see if you have a change in the level of your passions. I agree with fw about the travel thing as have others I've talked to about that. But it is an individual thing and only you can decide.

I know there are other things to consider too. No pressure intended here but if it's not already obvious, we want you there.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

I tried this earlier this morning and it didn't stick because the website went down again. I'll give it one more shot before I run out the door to work.

Today is Wednesday, December 12th. Sure missed you NOTHINGS last night. It did get me to bed earlier though and I'm sure my body will be happy about that as the day goes on. Hope to "see" you all later tonight. Have a great day!
Old 12-12-2018, 07:27 AM
fw102807

Hope your day goes by quickly and that the deer don't know you're back yet. I have NOTHING going on today except more cleaning and decorating.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Hope your day goes by quickly and that the deer don't know you're back yet. I have NOTHING going on today except more cleaning and decorating.
Another NOTHING but a first. We have gone everywhere looking for a perfect chair for yours truly. Everywhere. I want a simple chair like the ones at The Villages Healthcare Living Room has. Deep Dish and it has to be leather. We found one at the Lazy Boy store on 441 and I felt guilty but since it was a Christmas Present and I'm sick of shopping I ordered it.

Mrs. Nucky said let's go look at this place Bargains & Treasures. We found the exact same chair with the ottoman for 90% off the new price. What's NOTHING but the lesson? Listen to your wifey!
Old 12-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Platinum member

I’m back …

Thank you to all you sweet Nothings who wished me well and held me in your thoughts.

The news was not what I hoped for, however, as far as results, inconclusive trumps positive so I continue to be in excellent spirits. Another field trip is scheduled for early March.

My “hip” consult is mid-January so I have something very positive (I think) to look forward to.

In the meantime, to bucket lists and friendships and warm, tender nothing moments.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:54 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I’m back …

Thank you to all you sweet Nothings who wished me well and held me in your thoughts.

The news was not what I hoped for, however, as far as results, inconclusive trumps positive so I continue to be in excellent spirits. Another field trip is scheduled for early March.

My “hip” consult is mid-January so I have something very positive (I think) to look forward to.

In the meantime, to bucket lists and friendships and warm, tender nothing moments.
Funny how you get to a certain age and you learn to take what you can get. Inconclusive is definitely better than bad. I saw a T-shirt that said "If you don't die you get old" NOTHING but amen to that.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:57 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Another NOTHING but a first. We have gone everywhere looking for a perfect chair for yours truly. Everywhere. I want a simple chair like the ones at The Villages Healthcare Living Room has. Deep Dish and it has to be leather. We found one at the Lazy Boy store on 441 and I felt guilty but since it was a Christmas Present and I'm sick of shopping I ordered it.

Mrs. Nucky said let's go look at this place Bargains & Treasures. We found the exact same chair with the ottoman for 90% off the new price. What's NOTHING but the lesson? Listen to your wifey!
Bargains and Treasures is definitely well named and patience is NOTHING but a virtue. It's a virtue I don't often possess but I'm working on it.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
I’m back …

If your Spirits are "UP" Then my Spirits have been NOTHING UP lifted by you. The entire site was down for quite some time yesterday so you didn't miss NOTHING.

I saw a shirt yesterday and it said I already had a Heart, a Brain & Courage so the Wizard gave me a new Hip! I think Amazon is going to have a sale the day after Christmas on shiny new Hippies!

My world is small Mrs. BK. Tell me your impression of the Tampa area and compare it to The Villages. I went down there to go to Shooters World and really didn't look around too much I just wanted to get back here.

So happy to hear from you, glad yous are back safely!
Old 12-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Bargains and Treasures is definitely well named and patience is NOTHING but a virtue. It's a virtue I don't often possess but I'm working on it.
First time ever for us. The Dining Room and Bedroom we bought new at City Furniture and rejected some pretty good stuff over at Bargains and Treasures. It saved us $1300 for the same chair, right place at the right time. They just place it out on the sales floor and I snagged it immediately.

We have friends who have their entire home furnished from this store and it is Very Nice, better than Better Homes and Garbage!

I know the way the people in the parking lot pay those car payments, they save on furniture.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:39 AM
fw102807

Quote:
First time ever for us. The Dining Room and Bedroom we bought new at City Furniture and rejected some pretty good stuff over at Bargains and Treasures. It saved us $1300 for the same chair, right place at the right time. They just place it out on the sales floor and I snagged it immediately.

We have friends who have their entire home furnished from this store and it is Very Nice, better than Better Homes and Garbage!

I know the way the people in the parking lot pay those car payments, they save on furniture.
For me it is about getting real wood as opposed to what they use now. I did need 2 matching desks so went to the Amish Store and ordered those and that was NOTHING but painful. It took 3 months for it to come in and the dopey sales guy ordered the wrong stain. That was bad enough but his attitude was worse, no apology just "don't worry about it we'll take care of it" It has been another 3 months and I am still waiting. Never again.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
For me it is about getting real wood as opposed to what they use now. I did need 2 matching desks so went to the Amish Store and ordered those and that was NOTHING but painful. It took 3 months for it to come in and the dopey sales guy ordered the wrong stain. That was bad enough but his attitude was worse, no apology just "don't worry about it we'll take care of it" It has been another 3 months and I am still waiting. Never again.
We would take NOTHING but a beautiful relaxing weekend to Downtown Lancaster Pa. Talk about rolling up the streets and shutting it down at 9 PM. I think it was even earlier there.

Waiting for Amish furniture is rough. They are Old World Craftsmen and will not be rushed and will not negotiate for all the Tea In China!

I won't be shaving anymore so I'm going to look Amishey in a short period of time. A Friend O' Mine Let me know my blades are made in NOTHING like America.

I think once they get your order correct it will have been worth the wait. Good Luck.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:04 AM
fw102807

Quote:
We would take NOTHING but a beautiful relaxing weekend to Downtown Lancaster Pa. Talk about rolling up the streets and shutting it down at 9 PM. I think it was even earlier there.

Waiting for Amish furniture is rough. They are Old World Craftsmen and will not be rushed and will not negotiate for all the Tea In China!

I won't be shaving anymore so I'm going to look Amishey in a short period of time. A Friend O' Mine Let me know my blades are made in NOTHING like America.

I think once they get your order correct it will have been worth the wait. Good Luck.
It's not so much the wait as the attitude of this jerk. The delivery guys were NOTHING but nicer and more apologetic and it wasn't their fault.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Running NOTHING but late this morning. I'll have to catch up with NOTHING later.

Glad to see you back, BK.. The absence of bad news is good news,,

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's not so much the wait as the attitude of this jerk. The delivery guys were NOTHING but nicer and more apologetic and it wasn't their fault.
Truck Drivers are generally very nice people. I respect them a whole lot. I can tell the Owner-Operator from The Teamster from the Person getting paid by the load just by the way the drive and the condition of their truck. It's NOTHING but inexcusable that they sent you the wrong color but I'll bet it's something like they were trying to run out their inventory or something underhanded or else they would have replaced it quickly. I already called Vito & Rocco they are waiting for NOTHING but your order!

We just finished watching an Old Favorite Movie that we haven't seen in a long time. Hoffa. And the answer is no to the obvious question!

He had the correct concept in the beginning for sure, to protect the working man from skunks like the one who decided to pass the wrong furniture on you. Driving is a rough way to make a living, it's not romantic like people dream about.

P.S. The new chair knocked me out. I had to back the movie up about an hour. BEAUTIFUL NOTHING'S ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.