The Thread About NOTHING

Old 12-13-2018, 06:57 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The NUCKY DeCoder Ring didn't work on PVD so now you have NOTHING but a Ring of your own. PVD, now you're like my kids, talking in code. Especially the Army one. They don't use words everything is initials.

Like WICS. = Wish I Could Sleep!
PVD is post vacation depression. I used to suffer from this as well as SAD seasonal affective disorder but The Villages NOTHING but cured me of both.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
NOTHING but PVD..
I'm not so sure. I'm thinking it could be more than that but time will tell.

Speaking of time, it's Thursday, December 13th and I have a mountain of mail and other things to sift through today. My goal is to see my dining room table full of NOTHING by the end of the day.

Last edited by Abby10; 12-13-2018 at 07:18 AM. Reason: add on
Old 12-13-2018, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Busy Christmas shopping, wrapping and sending out packages today so I am quite late with the view count for the NOTHING thread. We had 201, 933 yesterday morning and now have 202, 627 look sees 36 or so hours after that.

Others must also be busy doing stuff. It looks like 12/14 is the last day that regular mail can get to its location via the US Post Office by Christmas.
202, 799 views for 12/13/2018 9:02 AM EST. This is for NOTHING.

Looks this Kenswing started this thread on January 1, 2018. Will we reach 220, 400 by New Year's Day 2019? More than likely, I expect. We will need some help with that though. Sometimes I mention NOTHING on my Facebook page hoping that others will get intrigued by what is going on here.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I'm not so sure. I'm thinking it could be more than that but time will tell.

Speaking of time, it's Thursday, December 13th and I have a mountain of mail and other things to sift through today. My goal is to see my dining room table full of NOTHING by the end of the day.
There were people who NOTHING but turned on yours truly because their income went up when I went on vacation. I never took it to heart. They each had their own limitations as does everyone and safety and time behind the wheel affected their income and was more important to me then it was to others.

Mrs. Abby, I hope all that mail or the majority of it is NOTHING. Shread, Shread, Shread.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
There were people who NOTHING but turned on yours truly because their income went up when I went on vacation. I never took it to heart. They each had their own limitations as does everyone and safety and time behind the wheel affected their income and was more important to me then it was to others.

Mrs. Abby, I hope all that mail or the majority of it is NOTHING. Shread, Shread, Shread.
I have to do Xmas cards to various points in CA and NV and elsewhere today or tomorrow 12/14. Facebook is easy but the lite touch is nicer via snail mail and not for NOTHING. Unfortunately most of these receivers do not send stuff to me. They do not do snail mail at all for some reason.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Sage

Quote:

Sorry to hear that happened to a nice NOTHING like you, Nucky. The hardest part about leaving my job, besides the money of course, is how much the people there seem to like and appreciate me and don't hesitate to show it in so many ways. I feel so blessed and grateful just thinking about it. It's really a dream job for my profession but I think I'm just burning out and ready to move on. I'll try to be patient though and see how, when, and where the chips fall.......
Old 12-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Sorry to hear that happened to a nice NOTHING like you, Nucky. The hardest part about leaving my job, besides the money of course, is how much the people there seem to like and appreciate me and don't hesitate to show it in so many ways. I feel so blessed and grateful just thinking about it. It's really a dream job for my profession but I think I'm just burning out and ready to move on. I'll try to be patient though and see how, when, and where the chips fall.......
I love my hobby but pay in more ways than one to do it. And it is NOTHING but helping people and I do not have to sit in a meeting every two or three days and butt heads with others like at places I have worked in MN and CA. Even though Information Access Company had some really enjoyable meetings as these were nice people for the most part. A hippie who once worked for Rolling Stone and a ex Catholic priest along with a San Francisco folk singer, the manager and a nice lady along with me. And the manager of our group a nice guy from CT. Or was it RI? I do see the SF folk singer online and wonder what she makes of my little hobby. It has gotten very hard to ignore wherever you live in the United States which is just marvelous. All the seeds I put out in the past 28 years are starting to really blossom in spectacular ways. Of course, this could just me all in my imagination. My four degrees have worked a lot in getting it connected with various institutions and Facebook has been a godsend and I do not have to bother with all the University in-fighting. Power plays in law schools are even worse IMHO.

Of course, I could not have done this without the help of hundreds if not thousands of people I have contacted in the past almost three decades among these many actresses, actors, writers and journalists. And communicating with a lot of lawyers and police departments.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-13-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
NOTHING but PVD..
Hey, here's one for you -

My husband said it's not Post Vacation Depression, it's Post Villages Depression and I think he might be right. I never felt that depressed coming home from a vacation. Although I might not have wanted to go back to work necessarily, I was usually happy to come back to the comforts and familiarity of my own home. I guess now The Villages feels more like home - maybe that's it. He's NOTHING but a smart man.........
Old 12-13-2018, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
I love my hobby but pay in more ways than one to do it. And it is NOTHING but helping people and I do not have to sit in a meeting every two or three days and butt heads with others like at places I have worked in MN and CA. Even though Information Access Company had some really enjoyable meetings as these were nice people for the most part. A hippie who once worked for Rolling Stone and a ex Catholic priest along with a SF folk singer, the manager and a nice lady along with me. I do see the SF folk singer online and wonder what she makes of my little hobby. It has gotten very hard to ignore wherever you live in the United States which is just marvelous. All the seeds I put out in the past 28 years are starting to really blossom in spectacular ways. Of course, this could just me all in my imagination. My four degrees have worked a lot in getting it connected with various institutions and Facebook has been a godsend and I do not have to bother with all the University in-fighting. Law schools are even worse IMHO.
Well, good for you, Tal. If it makes you happy and feeling useful than NOTHING else really matters. What more can one ask for?
Old 12-13-2018, 10:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well, good for you, Tal. If it makes you happy and feeling useful than NOTHING else really matters. What more can one ask for?
Money would be nice but I will have to work on something to really get that. NOTHING but busy busy. Got a call last night from the U of Denver School of Education and a library student wanted to know if I am still in librarianship. I am but it would take days to explain stuff to her. My nurse friend got it quickly or seemed to but she was married to a lawyer and dated a FED for a while a few years back. And my gay friends also caught onto it. I bumped into them yesterday on accident. Nice pair of lesbian ladies. One is a NYC retired nurse. I worked near San Francisco and went to the U of MN where you found a lot of people with different life styles.

And some of the groups I communicate with are gay/lesbian helpers so to speak.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-13-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
The NUCKY DeCoder Ring didn't work on PVD so now you have NOTHING but a Ring of your own. PVD, now you're like my kids, talking in code. Especially the Army one. They don't use words everything is initials.

Like WICS. = Wish I Could Sleep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
PVD is post vacation depression. I used to suffer from this as well as SAD seasonal affective disorder but The Villages NOTHING but cured me of both.
Ding ding ding.. We have a winner.. Get that woman a stuffed NOTHING..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
Hey, here's one for you -

My husband said it's not Post Vacation Depression, it's Post Villages Depression and I think he might be right. I never felt that depressed coming home from a vacation. Although I might not have wanted to go back to work necessarily, I was usually happy to come back to the comforts and familiarity of my own home. I guess now The Villages feels more like home - maybe that's it. He's NOTHING but a smart man.........
I think I like his definition better. Should we NOTHING but copyright it?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-13-2018, 12:35 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Money would be nice but I will have to work on something to really get that. NOTHING but busy busy. Got a call last night from the U of Denver School of Education and a library student wanted to know if I am still in librarianship. I am but it would take days to explain stuff to her. My nurse friend got it quickly or seemed to but she was married to a lawyer and dated a FED for a while a few years back. And my gay friends also caught onto it. I bumped into them yesterday on accident. Nice pair of lesbian ladies. One is a NYC retired nurse. I worked near San Francisco and went to the U of MN where you found a lot of people with different life styles.

And some of the groups I communicate with are gay/lesbian helpers so to speak.
I have no problem with anyone's race, religion, lifestyle or anything else as long as they are nice. If people are nice to me I am NOTHING but nice to them.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have no problem with anyone's race, religion, lifestyle or anything else as long as they are nice. If people are nice to me I am NOTHING but nice to them.
I feel the same way. Some straight people have been quite cruel to me and often based on NOTHING but ignorance and/or willful stupidity.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
I feel NOTHING but the same way. I have evolved. As long as no one is having an imagination fit on my keister. See what I'm saying. I'm usually double nice to the mean people because somehow I feel like it may be Karma giving me a quick refresher course because of past history. (Mine)

I have NOTHING but a Million jokes that butt I can't tell you NOTHING about them. Darn. I'm trying to be good. Its the holiday season.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.