The Thread About NOTHING

Old 02-20-2019, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I think I have run out of NOTHING. I went to Publix to get some more but they were out of it.
I understand FW. I just got off the phone with my best friend in N.J. and he got some bad news today about a Cancer issue that he has been dealing with since about a month after he retired from a Township Job that he worked at for over 40 years. We are not officially brothers but he is even better than a brother. He said when he gets to NOTHING but where he thinks he's gonna end up that he was going to send me a message or sign that he was ok. I told him that I don't think the message or sign could make it through the heat from where he is going to end up. We love to laugh. It's not morbid it's appropriate.

I have no problems, I'm sorta ashamed about talking about problems picking up a simple prescription. This is a real problem. But what a lesson this guy has taught so many of us. He accepted his lot in life for the day. He did NOTHING but everything he could do to help himself and together throughout the entire ordeal his faith is unshakable. I offered to go up and help him as best as we can but he strongly declined. I met him 25 years ago at a Club I belong to. One of the luckiest days of my life ending up with a friend and brother like him. Life can change in a minute, someone I admire just told me that a short time ago.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:22 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I understand FW. I just got off the phone with my best friend in N.J. and he got some bad news today about a Cancer issue that he has been dealing with since about a month after he retired from a Township Job that he worked at for over 40 years. We are not officially brothers but he is even better than a brother. He said when he gets to NOTHING but where he thinks he's gonna end up that he was going to send me a message or sign that he was ok. I told him that I don't think the message or sign could make it through the heat from where he is going to end up. We love to laugh. It's not morbid it's appropriate.

I have no problems, I'm sorta ashamed about talking about problems picking up a simple prescription. This is a real problem. But what a lesson this guy has taught so many of us. He accepted his lot in life for the day. He did NOTHING but everything he could do to help himself and together throughout the entire ordeal his faith is unshakable. I offered to go up and help him as best as we can but he strongly declined. I met him 25 years ago at a Club I belong to. One of the luckiest days of my life ending up with a friend and brother like him. Life can change in a minute, someone I admire just told me that a short time ago.
So sorry to hear this Nucky. I think it is great that he has his faith to help him through it. Bad stuff happens and we can accept it or not but the outcome is NOTHING but the same.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Where did everybody NOTHING but go? Sorry about the snow Abby & Mr. Abby. I can't even imagine living thru that garbage again. Come on down!
My get up go got up and went. NOTHING but catching up on all the stuff that didn't get done with all the snow on the ground. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-20-2019, 08:56 PM
Sage

Quote:

Sorry about your friend Nucky. Life has NOTHING but a way of putting things in perspective for us.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have something for discussion. Where have you all had NOTHING but luck with a decent Pharmacy inside the Villages?
Nucky, we've had NOTHING but good luck with Publix at Southern Trace.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:

Nucky. I never really found a friend like you found. NOTHING but the grace of God that a true friend shows up for some of us. Strangers have been my grace quite a bit. Mainly because I moved around so much getting the four degrees in five states and also moving with my family various places.

If you look for it, I will bet you will see your friend show you a sign. Pentatonix - Over The Rainbow - YouTube
Old 02-20-2019, 11:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Nucky. I never really found a friend like you found. NOTHING but the grace of God that a true friend shows up for some of us. Strangers have been my grace quite a bit. Mainly because I moved around so much getting the four degrees in five states and also moving with my family various places.

If you look for it, I will bet you will see your friend show you a sign. Pentatonix - Over The Rainbow - YouTube
Tal, I'm NOTHING but fortunate that I have two friends of that caliber. It just happened. Whatever, whenever, no questions ever. Unusual but true.

He sent me a sign today just by calling at an unusual time. It was snowing and he is trapped at home until the storm passes. It felt like he was saying goodbye that's why I offered to go help. He declined so I will listen to him. What a great person he is. Selfless describes him perfectly. He is not afraid of what's coming because of his faith. He is looking to be reunited with his wife.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
. . .

He sent me a sign today just by calling at an unusual time. It was snowing and he is trapped at home until the storm passes. It felt like he was saying goodbye that's why I offered to go help. He declined so I will listen to him. What a great person he is. Selfless describes him perfectly. He is not afraid of what's coming because of his faith. He is looking to be reunited with his wife.
Nothing but prayers for you and your friend.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:25 AM
fw102807

We are NOTHING but waiting for our company (from NJ) to come next week. We have not seen them for about 15 years. I met them many many moons ago when we all lived in MA. I am hoping I can convince them to move here since I think it would be perfect for them.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
We are NOTHING but waiting for our company (from NJ) to come next week. We have not seen them for about 15 years. I met them many many moons ago when we all lived in MA. I am hoping I can convince them to move here since I think it would be perfect for them.
The Villages has an awful lot of selling points and not for NOTHING.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:35 AM
Sage

Being and Nothingness Trailer | The National Ballet of Canada | 2015 - YouTube

NOTHING but could not get into the book Being and Nothingness. I did try. Being and Nothingness: Jean Paul Sartre - YouTube
Old 02-21-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
As your pal, I'm gonna have to get you a Commission for getting those poor people to make the big move. It's an Attraction To the Villages Thing, no Promotion Really Needed.

There is one item that will open their eyes the most, just bring up Property Taxes. They will be NOTHING but pleased with how we all get billed for living in a nicer safer place.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:21 AM
Sage
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
9:49 AM EST 2/20/2019 we have 244, 233 views of NOTHING.

Slow day yesterday on NOTHING.
244, 789 makes it only 556 views of NOTHING for the 24 hours from the 8:55 read-out on 2/20/2019 to the one today 2/21/2019.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Why do I get the feeling that 80% of the people living in The Villages are NOTHING but transplants from NY and NJ? Even the nice lady I spoke to to set up our Lifestyle visit still had a strong NY accent after being in Florida for over 30 years..

Old 02-21-2019, 11:15 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Why do I get the feeling that 80% of the people living in The Villages are NOTHING but transplants from NY and NJ? Even the nice lady I spoke to to set up our Lifestyle visit still had a strong NY accent after being in Florida for over 30 years..
There are a large population of people from the midwest and another large population form the northeast. Just think of NOTHING but the coldest and most expensive places.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.