The Thread About NOTHING

Old 02-21-2019, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The real question is NOTHING but was there anything under the coat? Ah Ha! A typical guy just kidding around though. You deserve your rest. I remember what it was like. I fell asleep at a traffic light once. Be careful there young lady. We need you both done here in deer piece, Sorry I meant one piece.

What K-Man said is true.
Believe me, if there had been NOTHING, the minute my husband found me my nap would have been over......
Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 PM
Sage

So about the pharmacy issue, Nucky - I'll just tell you my thoughts and what I plan to do when I get there. Generally speaking I would choose an independent pharmacy, think family owned, because of the more personal service that you usually get. I always thought I would pick the one in LSL and was happy to see one go in at Brownwood, but unfortunately I think it closed. Hubby and I visited several of the independents right outside of TV years back when we thought we might obtain licensure in Fl. Needless to say we were not all that impressed. So having said all that, if we lived closer to LSL we would go to the independent pharmacy there but for convenience sake we will probably end up at Publix. I find that grocery store pharmacies in general seem to be a lot less hectic and it is often harder to obtain jobs there because pharmacists know it is a better job so the competition to get in is greater. Big drug store chains are notorious for working their pharmacy personnel like dogs. Hubby and I have both worked them and the best way to put it is they are NOTHING but JACKED UP!

As far as when you go up north, you are correct that it is convenient to be with CVS or Walgreens because it is a much easier transition for getting refills. However, any pharmacy can call your home pharmacy and get a transfer of your prescription to fill while you're there. Then your home pharmacy will call to get it transferred back upon your request when you get back. It's a bit more of a pain on your end, but pharmacists are used to doing it.......just part of the job.

Oh, and K is right (isn't he always? ) - Costco is also good but we all know that's a NOTHINGburger in TV.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Oh yeah, Abby, I am NOTHING but sympathetic towards the people working in either pharmacy. A total head beating for them with a lot of nice but plenty of nasty people in the mix also. I'm inclined to take an answer from them that I am sure is wrong the first time but when I return a second time after being alerted my prescriptions are ready, now it's on. When I asked the Pharmacist yesterday if it was possible that they made a mistake her response was isn't it possible that I did. That's not good.

I would give anything to just order pick up and be a fine upstanding member of our community instead of getting upset. When I saw my Doctor yesterday the Nurse who assists my Doctor said that the person at the store was out of line with her on the store but a ray of sunshine when my Doctor grabbed the phone.

Yesterday I thought that FW had solved our problem because we are over near Parr Drive all the time because of Culvers so it sounded good to me. Mrs. Nucky asked that we go back to Publix and your answer is the key. Just transfer back and forth between Publix and N.J. Walgreens. Perfecto. We have another place on our plan called Benzer. We used them a few times and they were good but rarely had what we needed. So Publix it is. The key is to stay calm and not let The Turkeys Get You Down.

Lost ten pounds since my last Doctors appointment. Happy about that. All credit to the pool. The pain in my arm may include an upcoming injection of something, I don't remember the name of what it is.

I just saw Barefoot answered me about this issue and BK and K-Man too. All these heads together are way better than one. NOTHING but thanks.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
244, 789 makes it only 556 views of NOTHING for the 24 hours from the 8:55 read-out on 2/20/2019 to the one today 2/21/2019.
245, 249 NOTHING views as of the 8:55 AM EST count on 2/22/2019. Only 460 views yesterday. Slow day. I was out doing stuff so missed a lot of taking quick glances at TOTV's NOTHING thread.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Oh yeah, Abby, I am NOTHING but sympathetic towards the people working in either pharmacy. A total head beating for them with a lot of nice but plenty of nasty people in the mix also. I'm inclined to take an answer from them that I am sure is wrong the first time but when I return a second time after being alerted my prescriptions are ready, now it's on. When I asked the Pharmacist yesterday if it was possible that they made a mistake her response was isn't it possible that I did. That's not good.

I would give anything to just order pick up and be a fine upstanding member of our community instead of getting upset. When I saw my Doctor yesterday the Nurse who assists my Doctor said that the person at the store was out of line with her on the store but a ray of sunshine when my Doctor grabbed the phone.

Yesterday I thought that FW had solved our problem because we are over near Parr Drive all the time because of Culvers so it sounded good to me. Mrs. Nucky asked that we go back to Publix and your answer is the key. Just transfer back and forth between Publix and N.J. Walgreens. Perfecto. We have another place on our plan called Benzer. We used them a few times and they were good but rarely had what we needed. So Publix it is. The key is to stay calm and not let The Turkeys Get You Down.

Lost ten pounds since my last Doctors appointment. Happy about that. All credit to the pool. The pain in my arm may include an upcoming injection of something, I don't remember the name of what it is.

I just saw Barefoot answered me about this issue and BK and K-Man too. All these heads together are way better than one. NOTHING but thanks.
You're welcome AND you're right. No matter where you go the pharmacy is only as good, customer service-wise, as the personnel who work it. And that pharmacist was totally out of line. You've heard me say it on here more than once - NOTHING's perfect, I don't care whether it's human or machine. There's always a chance for error.

And NOTHING but major congrats on the lose of poundage......
Old 02-22-2019, 10:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
245, 249 NOTHING views as of the 8:55 AM EST count on 2/22/2019. Only 460 views yesterday. Slow day. I was out doing stuff so missed a lot of taking quick glances at TOTV's NOTHING thread.
See what happens when I show up.........NOTHING suffers.......

Btw, where's fw this morning? Perhaps taking a page out of my book and doing more than NOTHING? Probably so with the arrival of her company just around the corner. I think I'm almost as excited as she is to see how they react to the wonder that is TV.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

Btw, where's fw this morning? Perhaps taking a page out of my book and doing more than NOTHING? Probably so with the arrival of her company just around the corner. I think I'm almost as excited as she is to see how they react to the wonder that is TV.
What about NOTHING but BK? We need a really Great BK Joke.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Good Morning everyone.. It's Friday. That means NOTHING needs to get done. I told Mrs. K I'd make a Costco run for her today so I guess I can't nap ALL day..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-22-2019, 11:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
What about NOTHING but BK? We need a really Great BK Joke.
Well, only since you nothing but insist:

A lady comes home from her doctor's appointment grinning from ear to ear. Her husband asks, "Why are you so happy?" The wife says, "The doctor told me that for a sixty-five-year-old woman, I have the breasts of a twenty-eight-year-old."

"Oh yeah?" quipped her husband, "What did he say about your sixty-five-year-old ass?"

She said, "Your name never came up in the conversation."
Old 02-22-2019, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Good Morning everyone.. It's Friday. That means NOTHING needs to get done. I told Mrs. K I'd make a Costco run for her today so I guess I can't nap ALL day..
Yeah, like that's NOTHING but a tough chore - make sure you go at lunch time - lol

Yesterday, hubs tells me he's taking a neighbor friend of ours over to Costco and says if I would make a list he'll pick up whatever I needed. As I'm giving him the list, our friend stops by and hubby tells him we have to get some stuff for the Mrs while we're there. I look at them kind of like this - - and ask, "Well isn't that why you guys are going there?" Their response, "Heck no, we're just going to eat!"
Old 02-22-2019, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Well, only since you nothing but insist:

A lady comes home from her doctor's appointment grinning from ear to ear. Her husband asks, "Why are you so happy?" The wife says, "The doctor told me that for a sixty-five-year-old woman, I have the breasts of a twenty-eight-year-old."

"Oh yeah?" quipped her husband, "What did he say about your sixty-five-year-old ass?"

She said, "Your name never came up in the conversation."
The ages have been NOTHING but changed to protect the innocent. That would be me. Mrs. Nucky hasn't stopped laughing yet. Atta girl BK.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:12 PM
fw102807

Quote:

There was a military equipment show in Mt Dora that we went to and got there just in time to see them unload the tanks. My FIL drove a tank in Pattons 3rd armored and received a purple heart so this was NOTHING but a thrill for my hubby to see them.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
There was a military equipment show in Mt Dora that we went to and got there just in time to see them unload the tanks. My FIL drove a tank in Pattons 3rd armored and received a purple heart so this was NOTHING but a thrill for my hubby to see them.
Those things shake the ground when coming and not for NOTHING. 60 tons will do that. The Nevada National Guard would bring one onto the University of Nevada, Reno campus and drive it to the front of the main library.

The Evolution of the American Tank

M1 Abrams - Wikipedia

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 02-22-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yeah, like that's NOTHING but a tough chore - make sure you go at lunch time - lol

Yesterday, hubs tells me he's taking a neighbor friend of ours over to Costco and says if I would make a list he'll pick up whatever I needed. As I'm giving him the list, our friend stops by and hubby tells him we have to get some stuff for the Mrs while we're there. I look at them kind of like this - - and ask, "Well isn't that why you guys are going there?" Their response, "Heck no, we're just going to eat!"
Grazing was slim pickings today. NOTHING but healthy crap.. lol

Old 02-22-2019, 02:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
When I got out of the Marines I went to work for a defense contractor that produced all the fire control systems for the M60, M1 and Bradley Fighting Vehicles.
That was NOTHING but 30 years ago.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.