The Thread About NOTHING

Old 03-20-2019, 08:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Good Morning you all, today is a day filled with prayer and Good Thoughts for one of our favorite NOTHING'S. It's gonna be great when the recovery is over. Funny Huh how you get close to people you've never met?
Good Evening Nucky and the rest of you sweet Nothings. The surgery was at 7 am today. The did a spinal and with the "cocktail" of drugs they are giving me every 6 hours I feel great.

I was up walking sometime around mid-day. No pain and very little discomfort. As so so many have said before "I should have done it sooner." Now I understand.

I didn't know whether there would be wifi in my room and whether I would be up to posting. But yes on both counts.

I don't also know whether they will keep me here for a 2nd night or send me home tomorrow. Either way, I'm good with it.

Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes. I know they helped.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Today is for our Dear Friend though and reports of all this fun and frivolity can go on the back burner for now.
No, no, nothing but no! I prefer hearing about "all this fun and frivolity" -- no back burner for that. LOL
Old 03-20-2019, 08:47 PM
Platinum member

Well I am nothing but wiped out and need to sleep. So again. thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers.

Good night all you sweet nothings. I will try to report in tomorrow, God willing.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Good Evening Nucky and the rest of you sweet Nothings. The surgery was at 7 am today. The did a spinal and with the "cocktail" of drugs they are giving me every 6 hours I feel great.

I was up walking sometime around mid-day. No pain and very little discomfort. As so so many have said before "I should have done it sooner." Now I understand.

I didn't know whether there would be wifi in my room and whether I would be up to posting. But yes on both counts.

I don't also know whether they will keep me here for a 2nd night or send me home tomorrow. Either way, I'm good with it.

Good to hear that and not for NOTHING.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Well I am nothing but wiped out and need to sleep. So again. thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers.

Good night all you sweet nothings. I will try to report in tomorrow, God willing.
Hooray Hoorah Hooray Horass Hooray for me I'm a horses NOTHING. I can't believe you are on here. Good job BK, we are collectively proud of you and happier than clams at High Tide! Keep the good stuff going! Manage the pain push the white button! Oooooh!
Old 03-21-2019, 03:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:

Absolutely freaking fantastic! That's NOTHING but great news. I'm so very happy for you, BK.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-21-2019, 04:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:

Up and at 'em early this morning but grateful to have the time to take a peek at NOTHING to see your post, BK - an unexpected surprise indeed! What you're getting is what I call "good medicine" - the right combo can mean all the difference in the world. So thoughtful of you to take the time to relay to us directly how well you are doing. Continued prayers for a complete and quick recovery. NOTHING else to say except
Old 03-21-2019, 04:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Good Morning you all, today is a day filled with prayer and Good Thoughts for one of our favorite NOTHING'S. It's gonna be great when the recovery is over. Funny Huh how you get close to people you've never met?

We were at home playing Trouble till about 11 PM, laughing our butts off and when we all said goodnight the kids went out for a ride in the Golf Cart. I was verklempt. I was under the impression they were going to bed.

I guess no matter what they've been through and seen all over the world you still have that parent thing going on. I told them both that there is an 11 PM curfew in our home and if they didn't follow it that they were grounded. It has been great having them here so far, I'm very grateful for that.

Today is for our Dear Friend though and reports of all this fun and frivolity can go on the back burner for now.
NOTHING but delighted to hear you are having so much fun with your family. Your stories are good stuff.......
Old 03-21-2019, 06:35 AM
fw102807

Quote:

So glad everything went well and you will be NOTHING but good as new. I told you they had good drugs there.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:02 AM
Sage

Hey BK, did that sense of relief or sense of everything is gonna be fine NOTHING but come over you at the last minute? It happens to me each time and it feels good.

I had no Clue whatsoever that you would be up and around the same day no less posting on the computer, just think about both of those things for a minute. That really is unbelievable. Even John Wayne or Joan Wayne Johns sister couldn't have done that a few short years ago. You are NOTHING short of SuperWoman!

I'm so grateful you're doing good. does work!

Next Stop Senior Olympics!
Old 03-21-2019, 07:18 AM
Sage

I really do think that you should have waited until the Operation was over to post on NOTHING! Jeez that is a real commitment to NOTHING!

I'm going to end up with getting my Knee done sooner or later so I'm taking Notes. Up the same day and Cocktail of drugs duly noted. Carry on!
Old 03-21-2019, 08:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I really do think that you should have waited until the Operation was over to post on NOTHING! Jeez that is a real commitment to NOTHING!
HaHa - Committed is nothing but the right word

Oops -Poor timing PT has just arrived to take me for a walk. I'll get back after that.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:59 AM
fw102807

Quote:
HaHa - Committed is nothing but the right word

Oops -Poor timing PT has just arrived to take me for a walk. I'll get back after that.
You are NOTHING but . Let me know when you and Scrubbing Bubbles are set to get started and I will be your first customer. You go girl!
Old 03-21-2019, 09:43 AM
Platinum member

I am back from my walk and some exercises. I had very little pain 0/1 when we started and I am now at about a 4. They have me sitting in a recliner. An occupational therapist is expected to come in to help/give advice about washing up, getting dressed, etc. and then once dressed, I will be ready for a group session this afternoon. DH & Sis are on their way. I will ask them to get coffee from the cafeteria. The room is lovely. It on a brand new floor (5th) at Marion Community Hospital in Ocala. The food is typical less-than-mediocre hospital food although they said this evening will be a "gourmet" dinner. LOL - I can't wait. (not)

But as you can see my spirits are very high and I am scheduled to go home tomorrow. Sis brought me a walker and I have my cane so I should be good to go. (I expect to be able to donate both in short order!) Just hope it won't be too long before I can go into the pool. I think it will probably be about 3 weeks because they want the incision to heal before I am allowed to get it wet.

So this is nothing but all the news that's fit to print at the moment. Again, thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. I know they helped.

I'll check in sometime tonight. See y'all later.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:16 AM
Sage

FW = Medical Hero of 2018 = Gizzard Removal! Hey isn't that the name of a local MLS Realtor?

BK = Medical Hero of 2019 = Shinney New Hippity Dippity from Amazon. 5% off with Amazon Prime!

Abby = Lifted many Peoples Spirits with Prescriptions filled with certain uplifting Medicine.

Tal = Statistician of the year. Budding Comedian. All around good guy.

K-Man = World Traveler and equal to Where's Waldo. Also very dedicated to posting whilst on a beautiful Vacation.

Nucky = Wanna be Dietician. Doer of hopefully good deeds, Done Dirt Cheap!

tomwed = On the Milk Carton.

Mr. dewilson 58 = NOTHING but Way overdue for a visit.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.