The Thread About NOTHING

Old 03-22-2019, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Hi all,

Well after being picked up from the hospital this afternoon, Sis, DH and I stepped into Giovanni's for some fried calamari and veal parmigiana. I am home now. I can't walk a step without the walker but that's only temporary. The hospital gave us a walker but Sis brought me a "Cadillac" of walkers with storage, seating, wheels and brakes. Love it. There are certain movements that before the surgery caused pain (like hoisting myself into our Highlander). Today after I "hoisted", I felt a little sore. Hard to explain but the pain has been replaced with soreness. I believe I already feel a huge improvement. On the other hand, it may just be my current "drug-addled imagination". LOL. I am scheduled to take Tramadol every 6 hours, Gabapentin 4 times a day, and Oxycodone as needed to alleviate severe acute pain. So needless to say, I am in LaLa land. (That's my defense and I'm sticking to it).

Thank you again Sweet Nothings for your kind thoughts and prayers. Talk to you tomorrow. For me, it's now time to hit the hay.
Hey Hippitity Dippidity! Watch the Gabapentin, just be aware of it blowing up your legs. It doesn't happen to everybody but me. It was NOTHING but terrible. I'm so glad you're back home. Yipppeeee.

We just swam down to the Fin and blew the kids minds. They loved it. There is a good possibility that they will be buying a house in one of The Villages Family Neighborhoods cause we like to follow most of the rules. Things are looking up all over. Good Night Yous I Hope.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey Hippitity Dippidity! Watch the Gabapentin, just be aware of it blowing up your legs. It doesn't happen to everybody but me. It was NOTHING but terrible. I'm so glad you're back home. Yipppeeee.

We just swam down to the Fin and blew the kids minds. They loved it. There is a good possibility that they will be buying a house in one of The Villages Family Neighborhoods cause we like to follow most of the rules. Things are looking up all over. Good Night Yous I Hope.
Nucky? What is good at the Fin and not for NOTHING?
Old 03-22-2019, 09:27 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Hi Nothing Peeps.

Congrats on 14,000.

Get a life.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

I am NOTHING but working on it.

Isn't this video of Leighton Meester from the Fox show The Orville quite good?

Leighton Meester Music Video | Season 2 | THE ORVILLE - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Hi Nothing Peeps.

Congrats on 14,000.

Get a life.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Hi Nothing Peeps.

Congrats on 14,000.

Get a life.

I have one, thanks. And NOTHING but enjoying it..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-23-2019, 04:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Hi all,

Well after being picked up from the hospital this afternoon, Sis, DH and I stepped into Giovanni's for some fried calamari and veal parmigiana. I am home now. I can't walk a step without the walker but that's only temporary. The hospital gave us a walker but Sis brought me a "Cadillac" of walkers with storage, seating, wheels and brakes. Love it. There are certain movements that before the surgery caused pain (like hoisting myself into our Highlander). Today after I "hoisted", I felt a little sore. Hard to explain but the pain has been replaced with soreness. I believe I already feel a huge improvement. On the other hand, it may just be my current "drug-addled imagination". LOL. I am scheduled to take Tramadol every 6 hours, Gabapentin 4 times a day, and Oxycodone as needed to alleviate severe acute pain. So needless to say, I am in LaLa land. (That's my defense and I'm sticking to it).

Thank you again Sweet Nothings for your kind thoughts and prayers. Talk to you tomorrow. For me, it's now time to hit the hay.
NOTHING but delighted to hear of your progress and that you are now back in the comfort of your own home. Can't help but pray not only for healing of that hip of yours but also for the relationship between you and your sister. I know a little about that. My sister and I have had what sounds like a similar relationship as yours over the years. It has only been in the last 2 years that our relationship completely changed and now when we get together it is so different. I'm so glad that even though it took this long that we are finally able to live our latter years as best friends. Sometimes not so pleasant circumstances can bring you closer to one another.

Thanks again, BK, for sharing your story with us and thereby giving us the privilege to walk through it with you and pray for you along the way.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

This is NOTHING but exciting news, Nucky! Is this the son with the adorable little girl that's just like her grandpop or is that the other son's daughter?
Old 03-23-2019, 04:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Hi Nothing Peeps.

Congrats on 14,000.

Get a life.

All these long months we've been NOTHING but waiting to hear from you and in one post I have to award you post of the week. Love it!! It's so you, dew........
Old 03-23-2019, 04:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I have one, thanks. And NOTHING but enjoying it..
And you........now that all your sightseeing is done quit wandering around on that boat and get back to the NOTHING ship. NOTHING needs it's Kommander.

Safe journey home, my friend.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:45 AM
Platinum member

Good morning all and Thank you Abby,

I slept well but I'm very, very sore this morning. DH filled up the ice pack and I took all the drugs. A Physical Therapist should be here at 10 am and then followed by nothing but a nurse or CNA. (Don't worry Tal - I'll let you know if she is blonde, likes movies and is available. LOL).

I have to admit I am amazed at this whole process and I am feeling extremely optimistic that I will have very good results from it. (Fingers crossed and God willing).

Until then, I will be taking it easy and following all the instructions for exercise and whatever they recommend to aid in my recovery.

Oh, interesting factoid -- my surgeon was Joseph Locker, The Orthopedic Institute in Ocala. The day after surgery I had one-on-one PT and then group PT later in the day. In group, I learned that Dr Locker did 5 Hips and 3 Knees just that day! Holy Moly that sounds like a lot of new parts. Since I don't remember any discussion or measurements for the parts -- I asked "how do you know what size prosthetic hip or knee one needs?" Turns out there is a representative from the parts manufacturer in the operating room and they work hand in hand with the surgeon to determine the correct size. I found it all quite fascinating.

5 Minute Quickie Lube anyone?
Old 03-23-2019, 04:56 AM
Sage

Quote:

I slept well but I'm very, very sore this morning. DH filled up the ice pack and I took all the drugs. A Physical Therapist should be here at 10 am and then followed by nothing but a nurse or CNA. (Don't worry Tal - I'll let you know if she is blonde, likes movies and is available. LOL).

I have to admit I am amazed at this whole process and I am feeling extremely optimistic that I will have very good results from it. (Fingers crossed and God willing).

Until then, I will be taking it easy and following all the instructions for exercise and whatever they recommend to aid in my recovery.

Oh, interesting factoid -- my surgeon was Joseph Locker, The Orthopedic Institute in Ocala. The day after surgery I had one-on-one PT and then group PT later in the day. In group, I learned that Dr Locker did 5 Hips and 3 Knees just that day! Holy Moly that sounds like a lot of new parts. Since I don't remember any discussion or measurements for the parts -- I asked "how do you know what size prosthetic hip or knee one needs?" Turns out there is a representative from the parts manufacturer in the operating room and they work hand in hand with the surgeon to determine the correct size. I found it all quite fascinating.

Even when in pain you have NOTHING but a great attitude and a great sense of humor. Like I said before, you're quite an inspiration. Hope your day gets NOTHING but better.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:59 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Hi Nothing Peeps.

Congrats on 14,000.

Get a life.

NOTHING but honored for your visit
Old 03-23-2019, 06:06 AM
fw102807

Quote:

That is very interesting. When I had my gallbladder out my surgeon told me he does 1500 a year! Yikes TV seems like NOTHING but a gold mine of old and replacement parts.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
That is very interesting. When I had my gallbladder out my surgeon told me he does 1500 a year! Yikes TV seems like NOTHING but a gold mine of old and replacement parts.
Sure, I NOTHING but leave the house to go to work and you get out of your NOTHING room - LOL
Old 03-23-2019, 06:51 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Sure, I NOTHING but leave the house to go to work and you get out of your NOTHING room - LOL
Someday (soon?) you won't have to go to work anymore and you can get out of your NOTHING room whenever you want also.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.