The Thread About NOTHING

Old 03-24-2019, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Another funny NOTHING story.

There was a woman at the dog park I enjoyed walking around the dog park with quite a bit. She had had a rather sweet pit bull mix and also a nice teen aged daughter.

Anyway, she had had a date with an overnight stay (or several) at Disneyland when the Pulse Night Club shooting occurred with a Federal agent she was dating. She had been married to a KY lawyer but that had not worked out and she moved to FL to be near her mother and sister her in the Villages.

She started talking about the Pulse shooting and other stuff and I told her about my work on libraries and the like, movies and other stuff. And certain numbers in movies.

She seemed to think I was sane which was a big change from the usual. Usually I have to start worrying about someone calling 911 to call in the attendants with butterfly nets.

I got so excited that when I left the dog park I realized that I had forgotten my dog in the agility area. He was, fortunately, still there when I turned around a mile away from the dog park to retrieve my dog. He did not seem to care. He really liked these two women as they petted him a great deal.

I told this woman about it and she was amused. After being a little scared for a few minutes after I explained quite a bit more.

She did make me want to do more with these experiences of mine but she went looking for greener pastures eventually. It does take me time to pull many things together. She moved close by though and she might have friends who read Talk of the Villages. I did tell her about Talk of the Villages.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-24-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:11 PM
Sage

Argentine Tango - Derek Hough and Peta Murgatroyd - YouTube

Was watching a trailer about a movie out now at the Rialto and wanted to know a little more than NOTHING about the leading lady in it. I do not watch Dancing with the Stars very often so I had not recalled seeing her on there.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Good Morning my NOTHING Buddies. Let's have a Peaceful Easygoing day Today. It's been a rough week. Let there be Peace On Earth.
Except for having to pack I'm having NOTHING but a peaceful easygoing day..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-24-2019, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Another funny NOTHING story.

There was a woman at the dog park I enjoyed walking around the dog park with quite a bit. She had had a rather sweet pit bull mix and also a nice teen aged daughter.

Anyway, she had had a date with an overnight stay (or several) at Disneyland when the Pulse Night Club shooting occurred with a Federal agent she was dating. She had been married to a KY lawyer but that had not worked out and she moved to FL to be near her mother and sister her in the Villages.

She started talking about the Pulse shooting and other stuff and I told her about my work on libraries and the like, movies and other stuff. And certain numbers in movies.

She seemed to think I was sane which was a big change from the usual. Usually I have to start worrying about someone calling 911 to call in the attendants with butterfly nets.

I got so excited that when I left the dog park I realized that I had forgotten my dog in the agility area. He was, fortunately, still there when I turned around a mile away from the dog park to retrieve my dog. He did not seem to care. He really liked these two women as they petted him a great deal.

I told this woman about it and she was amused. After being a little scared for a few minutes after I explained quite a bit more.

She did make me want to do more with these experiences of mine but she went looking for greener pastures eventually. It does take me time to pull many things together. She moved close by though and she might have friends who read Talk of the Villages. I did tell her about Talk of the Villages.
NOTHING but the best paragraph of the week..

Old 03-24-2019, 02:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
NOTHING but the best paragraph of the week..
NOTHING but seems like old times. I have not even seen this blonde nurse lady in person since February of 2017 or so but heard about her a lot last Spring through late Summer of 2018. I know there are plenty of women out there now who might get me. This one was just kind of the first except for the various college students or recent graduates and/or grad students I have run into --usually at the dog park-- who know where to look. There are a lot of e-mails and documents out there. This was anytime between about 2012-2019. One had been at the U of MN and had a brother at the U of Wisconsin, Madison. Another was a lady studying for her medical boards after getting her Masters in Occupational Therapy who always had the biggest smile for me. Had thought about asking her out but the 30 year age difference kind of threw me for a loop. She seemed smart and was extremely attractive. She passed her medical boards and moved quite a ways from the Villages but does show up from time-to-time.

The lady at the dog park from around 2015-2017 was maybe about 4 or 5 years younger than me which is a good age to handle my kind of stuff. She is about 55 now. Had been married to a KY lawyer and has a nice daughter. I do wish her well if she looks at NOTHING now or will some time in the future venture here. She gave me a lot of hope in my future.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-24-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I have hope for the future also my Pal Tal. Remember one thing though that many people have learned NOTHING but the hard way. The higher the expectation the bigger chance for a letdown. What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't happy for you, but I wanna keep it real as the younger kids say. FW was correct Tal you really have been getting some funny stuff off lately, the shoes and now Da dog? Oh My!
Old 03-24-2019, 04:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have hope for the future also my Pal Tal. Remember one thing though that many people have learned NOTHING but the hard way. The higher the expectation the bigger chance for a letdown. What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't happy for you, but I wanna keep it real as the younger kids say. FW was correct Tal you really have been getting some funny stuff off lately, the shoes and now Da dog? Oh My!
That was around 6-15-2016 I would guess after the lady asked me for help dealing with legal problems when her smaller dog got bit badly by a neighbor's dog. I was helping her as a law librarian and the Fed was checking my work to see if it was OK. Her boyfriend at the time was a Federal agent and not for NOTHING. She does seem to have a lot of male admirers and/or ex-boyfriends around.

I doubt if much will happen with this blonde nurse with me as she has a daughter to put through college, etc. She had done a great job raising her daughter alone. From what I saw of the young lady anyway. The daughter is smart, pretty and very polite.

I do have other female blonde nurse friends but this one is extremely special because of her kindness in 2015 and 2016.

The barefoot thing was a few days ago as I did have my heads in the clouds. No lobster involved though.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 03-24-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
. . . FW was correct Tal you really have been getting some funny stuff off lately, the shoes and now Da dog? Oh My!
Hey Tal,

I think the Nuckster was referring to nothing but you forgetting your dog at the dog park!
Old 03-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Hey Tal,

I think the Nuckster was referring to nothing but you forgetting your dog at the dog park!
That was funny. The blonde was flattered I hope. I have never done something like that before nor since. Well, the forgetting the sandals but I have a lot on my mind of late and not for NOTHING.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hey Tal,

How you NOTHING but feeling this fine evening? Almost time for the Cocktail? OOOOoooooooo. Hope you are good BK.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
How you NOTHING but feeling this fine evening? Almost time for the Cocktail? OOOOoooooooo. Hope you are good BK.

Hi Nucky,

Feeling pretty good, thank you. Of course I am following doctor's orders to a T -- take the drugs on schedule to "stay ahead of the pain". And I'm on ice 24/7.

BUT -- before the surgery I would say I had nothing but pain. After the surgery I have nothing but soreness - a LOT of soreness. But I think it is a great improvement. Just hope it continues and that I feel good without the drugs. Just need time and physical therapy.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:03 PM
Sage

Did anyone see that ending of the UCF vs. Duke game? NOTHING but exciting. I am really NOT that much into March Madness but that was quite the show.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hi Nucky,

Feeling pretty good, thank you. Of course I am following doctor's orders to a T -- take the drugs on schedule to "stay ahead of the pain". And I'm on ice 24/7.

BUT -- before the surgery I would say I had nothing but pain. After the surgery I have nothing but soreness - a LOT of soreness. But I think it is a great improvement. Just hope it continues and that I feel good without the drugs. Just need time and physical therapy.
Good to hear you are doing well, BK, and not for NOTHING.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:43 AM
Sage

Signing off from Australia. It's been NOTHING but a fantastic vacation.

Sees yous guys sometime Tuesday..

Old 03-25-2019, 03:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Signing off from Australia. It's been NOTHING but a fantastic vacation.

Sees yous guys sometime Tuesday..
Have a great and safe trip home K-Man. We wish you NOTHING but more great adventures on your way home. Can't sleep. Talk soon my NOTHING Brother. Glad you checked in.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.