The Thread About NOTHING

Old 06-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Ocala National Forest - Ocala Shooting Range

There is this which costs NOTHING but the gas to get there.
Thanks, Tal.. Looks like NOTHING but a nice place to go to fire pistols but they're also limited to 100 yards. So a little short for any real rifle practice. Ocala | Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-09-2019, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

So who's got the nerve to teach me how to shoot?

Don't you all NOTHING but come running to volunteer......
Old 06-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

That's what husbands are for. There's NOTHING that would make me teach another man's wife how to shoot.. lol

Luckily most of these ranges have very good beginner safety and shooting classes. That's the way I would go. Takes any husband/wife impatience out of the equation.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:

I already got shot in the left picky. Just with a BB gun so I am probably NOTHING but out. Did get me away from guns and very much into books though. The guy was aiming at my eye and I convinced him to try to shoot between my fingers. He missed.

I hung around with a rather stupid, racist and violent crowd when I was about 12 to 14 or so.

We used to hunt rattlesnakes and I would be at their sixes making as much noise as possible to scare the snakes away. And they had the 30-30s while I had one of my two 12 gauge shotguns. They did stop asking me to come along though as we never even saw a rattlesnake when I was around.

Rattlesnake Mountain was aptly named though as they were all over it. That is the area around which I would go hunting, hiking and shooting most of the time.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-09-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
I already got shot in the left picky. Just with a BB gun so I am probably NOTHING but out. Did get me away from guns and very much into books though. The guy was aiming at my eye and I convinced him to try to shoot between my fingers. He missed.

I hung around with a rather stupid, racist and violent crowd when I was about 12 to 14 or so.
Thanks for the honest reply.

I do have a couple of people already in mind down there if I decide to go forward with it. I should have done it years ago when my son was trying to encourage me to learn. He was concerned about my work environment at the time. Now he really doesn't have the time and I KNOW he doesn't have the patience. My husband has the patience but I'm afraid of how it might end up - could be NOTHING but risky if things go awry. Probably better to go with a professional.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
That's what husbands are for. There's NOTHING that would make me teach another man's wife how to shoot.. lol

Luckily most of these ranges have very good beginner safety and shooting classes. That's the way I would go. Takes any husband/wife impatience out of the equation.. lol
Oops......missed your post. My problem is I want NOTHING to do with someone getting killed - lol. And your response was good too. Good point!

Anyway, no worries, I do know of a few good people to contact through friends of mine down there. We'll see if I go through with it or not. There had to be a reason that I was the only member of the family that my father never asked to go hunting......
Old 06-09-2019, 10:53 AM
Sage

My husband won't even teach me how to golf. I mean, look what happened to Tiger!

He already has someone lined up to teach me that too if I want to learn. Something tells me NOTHING will come of that though, especially since he's not really fond of the game himself but you never know.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Our kids said you bought Mom what for Mothers Day? Roses, Nope. NOTHING, Double Nope. A handgun? Great choice Poppa, at least it won't make much of a mess!!!!
Old 06-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Oops......missed your post. My problem is I want NOTHING to do with someone getting killed - lol. And your response was good too. Good point!

Anyway, no worries, I do know of a few good people to contact through friends of mine down there. We'll see if I go through with it or not. There had to be a reason that I was the only member of the family that my father never asked to go hunting......
There are air gun shooting ranges in the Villages which might be just what is needed and not for NOTHING. Have a friend who found her inner sharpshooter there. Her dad was a sniper in WWII so it must have been a gene thing. My Dad never liked hunting or shooting of any kind.

Join the Club - The Villages Air Gun Club
Old 06-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
There are air gun shooting ranges in the Villages which might be just what is needed and not for NOTHING. Have a friend who found her inner sharpshooter there. Her dad was a sniper in WWII so it must have been a gene thing. My Dad never liked hunting or shooting of any kind.

Join the Club - The Villages Air Gun Club
Yep, I went to the one down by Rohan when I was there last year.

Hope you all know I'm kidding about being dangerous. I mean I don't want to scare you guys or anything. I think the reason my dad never took me hunting was because he knew I probably could kill NOTHING. In his mind he was hunting more for food than sport. Why pay for a license for me to stand there and refuse to shoot? Not only that, but how was he going to keep me quiet - lol. And he says I wasn't the problem child, so let me tell you about the rest of the family......
Old 06-09-2019, 01:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Our kids said you bought Mom what for Mothers Day? Roses, Nope. NOTHING, Double Nope. A handgun? Great choice Poppa, at least it won't make much of a mess!!!!
My husband keeps telling me the guns he has will all make a mess. I mean NOTHING but a big mess, like blowing out a wall. You don't think he's just trying to scare me from ever picking one up, do you? He knows how I hate to clean up a big mess......lol
Old 06-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
My husband keeps telling me the guns he has will all make a mess. I mean NOTHING but a big mess, like blowing out a wall. You don't think he's just trying to scare me from ever picking one up, do you? He knows how I hate to clean up a big mess......lol
Ah, Hem! I NOTHING but have the messy ones. I saw one there yesterday in the showcase to the right when you come out of the restroom, it was a handgun but I would need help carrying it. I don't think it would work with Concealed Carrying.

There was just talk about going back but it looks like Manatee watching may win out which means I get to be a free agent. Nap Time! ZZZZzzzz!
Old 06-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,014 Times in 1,741 Posts

Won’t be carrying concealed or otherwise, but there is NOTHING that I look forwards to more than coming to my home in TV. I’ll be the one who you’ll see dancing to Tom Petty’s “Running Down a Dream” on my EarPods all the way to the Mallory pool. Look forwards to meeting everyone.

Last edited by Velvet; 06-09-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Won’t be carrying concealed or otherwise, but there is NOTHING that I look forwards to more than coming to my home in TV. I’ll be the one who you’ll see dancing to Tom Petty’s “Running Down a Dream” on my EarPods all the way to the Mallory pool. Look forwards to meeting everyone.
VELVET, to tell you the truth we really don't feel the need to carry or even own a weapon. We are a product of the environment we came from to some extent.

I can't leave my car unlocked in the driveway. Carrying is something we looked forward to after living with tough rules in Jersey. I don't even bother while in the boundaries of our home turf.

Anyway, your plan sounds and is truly the reality of this magnificent place. Any way you can get to the pool is great. I am the Head Coach of The Nothing Swim Team. We need lots of people like You & Yours in The Villages
Old 06-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Sage

NOTHING but very rainy with a lot of thunder and lightning today. YUCK.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.