The Thread About NOTHING

Old 05-25-2018, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Good morning everyone! Could it be NOTHING but Friday already? Yes it is! In fact, it is the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. For those who are still working, hooray for a 3 day weekend for most of you. For those who are retired, it doesn't matter what day it is - hip, hip, hooray!

And as we approach Memorial Day, let's be mindful of all those who sacrificed everything for all of us and this great country. Although we have our differences, I hope we can all be unified in our love of country and grateful to the men and women who died to protect our freedom.

NOTHING like the USA!
Old 05-25-2018, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Good morning everyone! Could it be NOTHING but Friday already? Yes it is! In fact, it is the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. For those who are still working, hooray for a 3 day weekend for most of you. For those who are retired, it doesn't matter what day it is - hip, hip, hooray!

And as we approach Memorial Day, let's be mindful of all those who sacrificed everything for all of us and this great country. Although we have our differences, I hope we can all be unified in our love of country and grateful to the men and women who died to protect our freedom.

NOTHING like the USA!
Yes. Remember those who fought to protect the freedoms given us by the US and State Constitutions. Never for NOTHING.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:

NOTHING like the USA!
Beautiful words Mrs. Abby Road. Just think of the sacrifice and Pain by those who served and the families that did without to support the Service Member. Awesome and Just unbelievable. Good People Are Grateful For What You All Have Done. Nothing has no place in this thought but the rules are the rules. (I'm Down To (98 In my Virtual Account of Missed Nothing's).
Old 05-25-2018, 07:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Beautiful words Mrs. Abby Road. Just think of the sacrifice and Pain by those who served and the families that did without to support the Service Member. Awesome and Just unbelievable. Good People Are Grateful For What You All Have Done. Nothing has no place in this thought but the rules are the rules. (I'm Down To (98 In my Virtual Account of Missed Nothing's).
My uncle William lost an arm, a leg, and part of his skull from a German tank tree burst. These send shrapnel and shards of wood into a target. All of the other men but one were killed by the shell. This was at the Anzio landing in 1944. I took care of Bill for four months or so before a spot in the nursing home opened up and saw the effects of that shell on his body and mind in 1994. 50 years after the battle.
Battle of Anzio - Wikipedia

He would have daydreams where he would be fighting the battle again while sitting in his wheelchair in the living room. Not for NOTHING.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:

NOTHING like the USA!
Thanks for all of the reminders, Abby.. NOTHING but humbled by all the sacrifices our Military men, women and their families have made throughout history.

I pulled a pork shoulder out of the freezer. It's going to be pulled pork sandwiches this weekend..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Thanks for all of the reminders, Abby.. NOTHING but humbled by all the sacrifices our Military men, women and their families have made throughout history.

I pulled a pork shoulder out of the freezer. It's going to be pulled pork sandwiches this weekend..
Sounds great but in the interest of civility I'll Nothing but let that one go right out the window!
Old 05-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Sage

Quote:

Ok, checking out flights to the Upper Left Coast for me and all the other NOTHINGS to help you eat those pulled pork sandwiches.

Actually, have to thank you for keeping me from getting involved in something that I need to not stick my 2 cents in. So thanks for NOTHING!
Old 05-25-2018, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Sounds great but in the interest of civility I'll Nothing but let that one go right out the window!
Civility? What does that have to do with NOTHING?

Old 05-25-2018, 09:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Ok, checking out flights to the Upper Left Coast for me and all the other NOTHINGS to help you eat those pulled pork sandwiches.

Actually, have to thank you for keeping me from getting involved in something that I need to not stick my 2 cents in. So thanks for NOTHING!
Come on over. I'm doing an 8 lb. shoulder. NOTHING but plenty for everyone..

Old 05-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Oops.....cancelling Nucky's flight as we speak Apparently he wants NOTHING to do with us uncivilized carnivores - lol.

Quote:
Come on over. I'm doing an 8 lb. shoulder. NOTHING but plenty for everyone..
Just what I thought - you would have enough for all of us NOTHINGS.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Nucky. I hope Dawn Wells shows up on this thread. It means you have to keep your Island stories going. And not for NOTHING.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Sage

Only 77 more posts to eclipse the record set by the original NOTHING thread..

Make that 76 now..

Old 05-25-2018, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Only 77 more posts to eclipse the record set by the original NOTHING thread..

Make that 76 now..
Wow, we are breaking all kinds of records.

to NOTHING!
Old 05-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Sage
Talking

Quote:
Wow, we are breaking all kinds of records.

to NOTHING!
Well. I would like to get to 35,000 posts myself. So NOTHING can help.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Well. I would like to get to 35,000 posts myself. So NOTHING can help.
Everyone should have life goals. If NOTHING helps you reach them that's just awesome..

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.