The Thread About NOTHING

Old 09-19-2018, 04:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I NOTHING but made it through without the Ice Cream. It was much easier because it was Breyers Not Publix Brand. I would have turned this place into a parking lot to get to the Publix Ice Cream. Recovery has started. Two more days to go. The Bat Mobile is tight in the hips, I have to do something. NOTHING but Bluefin for us, Seafood a Go-Go!
I hear you, my friend. When I burned my foot (not food - lol) the other night, for some reason all I wanted was chocolate (sympathy craving). It's a good think I had none in the house. Then all day yesterday I was craving stuff I shouldn't eat. I did cave, but not much thankfully. The biggest thing is to identify those things that set off the avalanche for you. First, identify specific items like the pizza or ice cream, then break it down to what is causing the addictive tendency. For most, it is sugar. What I've learned to do, and thankfully I have the cooperation of those I live with, is not to bring those items into my house. Just like not having the chocolate in the house - it forced me to deal with my craving in a different way, usually by diversion. For example, that night I just went to bed - problem solved.

Some people can eat anything and limit themselves to normal portions, but then there's people like me that just have to avoid certain things for my own good as much as I might love to eat them. What do they call it, we should eat to live not live to eat.

Anyway, enough of food counseling for now, but I feel your pain, brother. Today is Wednesday, September 19th, and I'm off to work. See you all later. Have a good day and don't forget your NOTHING. Ha! - thought I'd forget, didn't ya?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:06 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I hear you, my friend. When I burned my foot (not food - lol) the other night, for some reason all I wanted was chocolate (sympathy craving). It's a good think I had none in the house. Then all day yesterday I was craving stuff I shouldn't eat. I did cave, but not much thankfully. The biggest thing is to identify those things that set off the avalanche for you. First, identify specific items like the pizza or ice cream, then break it down to what is causing the addictive tendency. For most, it is sugar. What I've learned to do, and thankfully I have the cooperation of those I live with, is not to bring those items into my house. Just like not having the chocolate in the house - it forced me to deal with my craving in a different way, usually by diversion. For example, that night I just went to bed - problem solved.

Some people can eat anything and limit themselves to normal portions, but then there's people like me that just have to avoid certain things for my own good as much as I might love to eat them. What do they call it, we should eat to live not live to eat.

Anyway, enough of food counseling for now, but I feel your pain, brother. Today is Wednesday, September 19th, and I'm off to work. See you all later. Have a good day and don't forget your NOTHING. Ha! - thought I'd forget, didn't ya?
I don't have the cooperation of my better half. He can eat whatever he likes and I'm the one who gains the weight. Kind of like The Portrait of Dorian Gray where I am the portrait. I love food and have NOTHING for self control.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0196.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	76567  

Last edited by fw102807; 09-19-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Boy, you guys were up early this morning..

Why torture yourself when you're in retirement or so close to retirement? All this gym and diet talk is NOTHING but depressing me. I think I'll have a chocolate shake for breakfast.. lol

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-19-2018, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I don't have the cooperation of my better half. He can eat whatever he likes and I'm the one who gains the weight. Kind of like The Portrait of Dorian Gray where I am the portrait. I love food and have NOTHING for self control.
That is a very funny simile. You used LIKE and not for NOTHING.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Boy, you guys were up early this morning..

Why torture yourself when you're in retirement or so close to retirement? All this gym and diet talk is NOTHING but depressing me. I think I'll have a chocolate shake for breakfast.. lol
You would. That's why I will have to limit the amount of time I spend around you when you finally get to TV, after me of course. You'd be NOTHING but a bad influence. Lol
Old 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
fw102807

NOTHING but vultures out there. How sad that they need to feel superior by tearing less fortunate people apart.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
NOTHING but vultures out there. How sad that they need to feel superior by tearing less fortunate people apart.
Again?!? I have NOTHING to do here and am so bored I may end up taking a look.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
What are they putting in the water down there? Can't be NOTHING good..

It seems the general tone of the forums has really turned negative over the past several months.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:50 PM
fw102807

Quote:

It seems the general tone of the forums has really turned negative over the past several months.
You don't even have to commit a crime anymore you simply have to be potentially capable of doing it. Innocent until proven guilty is non existant and personal preservation is all that matters and here I thought NOTHING was all that matters.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Sage

Quote:

NOTHING is the answer. And I'm doing just about NOTHING right now.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:

Kenswing, I NOTHING but disagree with the assessment you have made. We are dealing with many different things in this life of ours. I feel that it is not as Funny as it could be because a person could stand on their heads and spit Chicklets and never even walk in the shadow of our Departed brother. I don't mean the Big Departed just Departed from the day to day operation.

We have had you fighting the beast in the woods, Mrs. FW with her Gizzard removed, Mrs. Abby with wildlife dilemmas and various extremity problemos and me with the daily struggles of trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together after 40 plus years of hard living. On top of this we lost our brother with the Manifesto and today I heard from JSW, he is doing fine.

It's not easy living here, waking each day to the same feeling as being on the Love Boat but somehow we venture thru. On top of this, we passed another anniversary of 9/11. You are an accurate guy so if you notice negativity then maybe there is something. I'll do my best to be a positive influence on those around me.

It may seem a little dumpy now because of the absence of Shecky Greene (tomwed). NOTHING'S original funny man!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Kenswing, I NOTHING but disagree with the assessment you have made. We are dealing with many different things in this life of ours. I feel that it is not as Funny as it could be because a person could stand on their heads and spit Chicklets and never even walk in the shadow of our Departed brother. I don't mean the Big Departed just Departed from the day to day operation.

We have had you fighting the beast in the woods, Mrs. FW with her Gizzard removed, Mrs. Abby with wildlife dilemmas and various extremity problemos and me with the daily struggles of trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together after 40 plus years of hard living. On top of this we lost our brother with the Manifesto and today I heard from JSW, he is doing fine.

It's not easy living here, waking each day to the same feeling as being on the Love Boat but somehow we venture thru. On top of this, we passed another anniversary of 9/11. You are an accurate guy so if you notice negativity then maybe there is something. I'll do my best to be a positive influence on those around me.

It may seem a little dumpy now because of the absence of Shecky Greene (tomwed). NOTHING'S original funny man!
I don't think anyone is complaining about NOTHING but rather the other threads on here.

On the other hand, I'm NOTHING but delighted that you heard from jsw. I was just thinking of him the other day. Please tell him he is missed and I hope he is doing well. Such a nice fellow.

Worried about my buddy, tom, though.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:28 PM
Sage

Quote:

Take a deep breath Nucky. I was talking about the general forums and how much they have seemed to change. NOTHING will always perform its intended purpose - NOTHING.. And I'm happy about that.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I don't think anyone is complaining about NOTHING but rather the other threads on here.

On the other hand, I'm NOTHING but delighted that you heard from jsw. I was just thinking of him the other day. Please tell him he is missed and I hope he is doing well. Such a nice fellow.

Worried about my buddy, tom, though.
NOTHING but correct, Den Mother. I miss JSW as well. I hope Tom just took a little Tom Time..

Old 09-19-2018, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:

I'm wanting some clarification on this - various extremities? Did you already hear that I almost stapled my finger today? I am such a mess, I swear.......well, I kinda did. lol

Anyway, I'm so darned tired right now that even doing NOTHING is difficult.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.